Anti semitism
Just read the comments on the immediate post election thread and was very interested to read the measured comments there in.

Bit of a tangent, I rarely post about politics , here or on other platforms, but I raised a question on Twitter following a post by David Badiel about the graffiti on Jewish premises today. In my post i questioned how this could happen in UK, acknowledged my lack of knowledge in this area and expressed the hope it was down to far right extremists (because I genuinely don’t believe there is or will be widespread support for the far right in the UK) but feared it maybe from the hard left which has already a significant minority support. I didn’t say it was one or other and deliberately used hope and feared to emphasise it was a question.

Ignoring my twitter naivety, I was shocked by the abuse I got from people with Left Wing profiles.

I would be interested in the views of the posters on here, about the vitriol received about my post. I take as read the good people on here (for the avoidance of doubt I mean that) without exception condemn the graffiti.
It's an issue. The stuff you find from supposed left wingers on Twitter is absolutely vile. It's meant to be Pro-Palestinian sentiment, but it's clearly all about smearing Jewish people.
(12-30-2019, 01:21 AM)Squid Wrote: It's an issue. The stuff you find from supposed left wingers on Twitter is absolutely vile. It's meant to be Pro-Palestinian sentiment, but it's clearly all about smearing Jewish people.

So there's no chance it could be far right neo-nazi's that are responsible? 

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions.
Far right and left two tails wagging our two main political parties currently. The same types of people different politics.
I didn’t do it as any type of social experiment but I am genuinely facinated by responses. Overwhelmingly angry, about my post not the graffiti, and all from the left. I read during the election about the mob mentality and postings on twitter and have now witnessed it first hand. Wasting their time getting angry with me by the way because I don’t give a proverbial but it’s clearly a form of bullying that could affect the vulnerable.

I’ll stick to winding up Vilers in future.
I got banned from Twitter for sticking up for rachel riley after one vike leftie said they hoped her new child will be still born .......my responce was I hope the police lock you up or someone else gets to you first and sorts you out ......I got a permanent ban for it while the bike bastard got away with it .
I'm not on Twitter, but if you look at the feeds of moderate/centrist Labour MPs their position is just about impossible (maybe it's the same for centrist Tories as well).

Those who, often reluctantly, voted for one of the versions of The Withdrawal Agreement - on the basis that sooner or later the referendum result had to be implemented - have received dog's abuse for supposedly conspiring to facilitate a Tory agenda. The ones who hesitated or voted against on all three readings got similarly abused for ignoring the wishes of their leave-voting constituents. Probably goes a long way towards explaining the election result: whatever it is that people want, it certainly doesn't seem to be moderation.
(12-30-2019, 10:42 AM)Ossian Wrote: I'm not on Twitter, but if you look at the feeds of moderate/centrist Labour MPs their position is just about impossible (maybe it's the same for centrist Tories as well).

Those who, often reluctantly, voted for one of the versions of The Withdrawal Agreement - on the basis that sooner or later the referendum result had to be implemented - have received dog's abuse for supposedly conspiring to facilitate a Tory agenda. The ones who hesitated or voted against on all three readings got similarly abused for ignoring the wishes of their leave-voting constituents. Probably goes a long way towards explaining the election result: whatever it is that people want, it certainly doesn't seem to be moderation.

I think most people do want moderation but the most vociferous on Twitter and Facebook shout loudest.
(12-30-2019, 09:35 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Far right and left two tails wagging our two main political parties currently. The same types of people different politics.

what i find interesting is both sets of politics are rooted in the same thinking of fear, hate and othering of anyone who thinks differently to them, just different targets for the 2 groups.
The left i find more disturbing though due to their numbers and the self righteous, religious type conviction that they are right and therefore no one elses opinion should be tolerated.
I even had one tell me after their election debacle that "we are on the right side of history, can't wait for our time to come when we will rid society of right wing scum like you". That was in response to me arguing that strident left wingers had more than played their part in pissing off moderate and waivering voters on social media, tsalk about not learning a lesson Big Grin
Going back to the OP, i think you'll find that all on here would condemn the graffiti - it's the mob mentality that you have witnessed 1st hand that seems to be the way politics is run these days. The pro-palestinian and group on the left are particularly vociferous and shout down anything else, but this is the way that the technology allows the world to operate. In days gone by they would have been a group protesting in one area, now they can be in every area at the same time - there really is no escape. I'm hoping that instead of running away from politics or making your view known that this is a point in time where the moderates stand up to regain the control before it is too late.