Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a farce:
Cheap Air Max & Lager aside I'm still waiting Ponty. Why is "strong" £ "good" and a "weak" £ "bad".

Suffice to say, the Fed would kill for a devaluation like ours last year. Why is that, eh?

I love your article about City jobs too. London is ranked the No.1 financial centre in the world (as it generally always has been).

The EU's biggest centre, Frankfurt, limps in at No.23. I'm happy to wager that by 2025 London will still be No.1 and Frankfurt will, perhaps, have reached the dizzy heights of 20th.
(07-23-2017, 11:41 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Cheap Air Max & Lager aside I'm still waiting Ponty. Why is "strong" £ "good" and a "weak" £ "bad".

Suffice to say, the Fed would kill for a devaluation like ours last year. Why is that, eh?

I love your article about City jobs too. London is ranked the No.1 financial centre in the world (as it generally always has been).

The EU's biggest centre, Frankfurt, limps in at No.23. I'm happy to wager that by 2025 London will still be No.1 and Frankfurt will, perhaps, have reached the dizzy heights of 20th.

Tesco were the leading UK supermarket in 2009. They still are although not as dominant. I can't remember their shareholders having a vote that has enabled Lidl and Aldi to gain ground.
IMF projects UK growth at 1.7% for 2017 with 1.8% for Germany. UK ahead of France & Italy.

Guardian calls moderate growth, full employment UK the "Sick Man of Europe". Remarkable.
(07-24-2017, 12:49 PM)Protheroe Wrote: IMF projects UK growth at 1.7% for 2017 with 1.8% for Germany. UK ahead of France & Italy.

Guardian calls moderate growth, full employment UK the "Sick Man of Europe". Remarkable.

Maybe thats because they arent fooled by the creative accounting that makes up the employment 'figures'.

Not to mention the rapidly expanding dependence on unsecured borrowing that is underpinning where we are at.
Unsecured debt is clearly a ticking time bomb across quite a few countries.
A society where employment levels and quality are healthy doesnt have rising levels of homelessness, reposessions, suicide, violent crime and mental health issues.

For all Proth jokes about one government being needed to rescue a country from the damage of the other, tory governments inflict lasting damage on the fabric of society.
(07-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Heath Wrote: A society where employment levels and quality are healthy doesnt have rising levels of homelessness, reposessions, suicide, violent crime and mental health issues.

For all Proth jokes about one government being needed to rescue a country from the damage of the other, tory governments inflict lasting damage on the fabric of society.

You're reaching Owen Jones levels of sanctimony now Heath. FFS sake.

Let's look at that rising trend in repossessions:
[Image: 20150813-repossessions-buy-to-let-and-ow...arkets.gif]

Or maybe that horrendously rising suicide rate:
[Image: UKSuicideRates1981-2015.png]

Or rampant Crime:

[Image: 4283980C00000578-4713792-image-a-53_1500557854508.jpg]

Just what sort of FACTS count in the teaching profession these days?

Or maybe I'm missing the point and you were making the correct assertion that a reasonably healthy economy, like the UK, doesn't have rising repossesions, suicide or crime?
Youll see that every single suicide rate is higher than it was in 2010, when the tories took power.
Rates have increased in the UK (by 3.8%), since 2014

Youve ignored my point being about violent crime, which basically makes that graph irrelevant to my post.

Reposessions and evictions are on the rise, your graph is 2 years behind.

Give me Owen-esque sanctimony over Dacre-esque statsitical delusion or May-esque robotic replies any day pal.

One thing I do teach is to pay attention to what the question was in your response.

Mental health seems conveniently amiss too. As does homelessness. Come to think of it, its the worst riposte ive ever seen.
Of course dear. You and your open mind eh? God help the kids.
(07-27-2017, 10:20 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Of course dear. You and your open mind eh? God help the kids.

You seem a bit #obsessed with #thekids. (Youre a bit behind the curve with my career). Did you have a bad experience at school or something? Serious question, like. I get the feeling you hold some quite deep seated anger with education - that still sits with you today.

I notice youve again conveniently ignored the actual #facts now that they don't suit your caged views of what is going on.