http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/city-con...ach-travel

Fair play to them for this.

I imagine just the thought of it gave Jenkins sleepless nights.  Big Grin
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
Yeah it's a brilliant thing to do for the fans. Fair play to them.

Relatively cheap too - 12500 fans a season, probably less than £20 a fan means £250k...
(07-17-2017, 09:35 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Yeah it's a brilliant thing to do for the fans. Fair play to them.

Relatively cheap too - 12500 fans a season, probably less than £20 a fan means £250k...

That's exactly how it started out. All Premier League clubs were given £250k (not sure if it was from the FA or the Premier League) from the 2013/14 season to assist away supporters in whatever way they chose. Stoke used it to provide free coach travel to away matches. 

I think the fund was scrapped when the £30 maximum away tickets were introduced, but Stoke have continued to fund the away coaches. We've also had season ticket prices frozen for the 10 seasons we've been in the Premier League. Good time to be a Stokie, off the pitch at least.

(07-17-2017, 09:33 PM)sickparrot Wrote: http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/city-con...ach-travel

Fair play to them for this.

I imagine just the thought of it gave Jenkins sleepless nights.  Big Grin

A very good initiative.

Well done, Stoke.
Much prefer away days on the train.
(07-18-2017, 07:35 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Much prefer away days on the train.

Same
(07-18-2017, 07:37 AM)Heath Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 07:35 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Much prefer away days on the train.

Same
Agree. Although you can't knock what Stoke are doing, much prefer train for away days.
Good initiative but I can't help thinking they'd be better served subsidizing ticket prices rather than providing free travel.

That way everyone gets the benefit, no matter how they wish to get to games.

Think our club should do the same when it comes to the free annual away day coaches too.

Always good to have a few extra quid in your pocket.
(07-18-2017, 08:21 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Good initiative but I can't help thinking they'd be better served subsidizing ticket prices rather than providing free travel.

That way everyone gets the benefit, no matter how they wish to get to games.

Think our club should do the same when it comes to the free annual away day coaches too.

Always good to have a few extra quid in your pocket.

Not sure it's quite as powerful that way... Say you take 2000 fans to every away game on average, over 19 games with the 250k budget you'd be reducing ticket prices by £6. Since most clubs are signing up to the £25 away fan price I'd say free coaches is a better initiative than the difference between £25 and £19 a ticket...

Free coaches allows people to get to games who don't own cars and when trains may be too expensive or too irregular.
Dreamkiller Wrote:
Sw4Baggie Wrote:Yeah it's a brilliant thing to do for the fans. Fair play to them.

That's exactly how it started out. All Premier League clubs were given £250k (not sure if it was from the FA or the Premier League) from the 2013/14 season to assist away supporters in whatever way they chose. Stoke used it to provide free coach travel to away matches. 

I think the fund was scrapped when the £30 maximum away tickets were introduced, but Stoke have continued to fund the away coaches. We've also had season ticket prices frozen for the 10 seasons we've been in the Premier League. Good time to be a Stokie, off the pitch at least.

What did we do with out £250k? Did it all go on the scarves at Palace?