Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reliable internet provider?
Any recommnedations? Im currently with Virgin on thier top package, 200 Meg and the full house TV deal. Its been really unreliable with connecitons dropping and the router constantly rebooting and their customer service is shite. 
Called last Monday to report it, was Friday before an engineer came out. It worked well for a couple of days but tonight its just dropped again and a speed test has ran at 8 meg !

Virgin service is a disgrace, wish I didn't move to them no end of problems when I first joined.

Inet is alright though I get around 220-230mbs on SpeedTest. TV is absolute wank though.
I have Sky broadband on their top fiber package, never had an issue with it and it is true unlimited downloads.
i had em yrs ago and was really impressed, thats why i went with them when i moved back to midlands. Its just taken 45 mins to convince them to send me a new router in order to rule that out as the cause

(07-17-2017, 08:32 PM)King Astle Wrote: Any recommnedations? Im currently with Virgin on thier top package, 200 Meg and the full house TV deal. Its been really unreliable with connecitons dropping and the router constantly rebooting and their customer service is shite. 
Called last Monday to report it, was Friday before an engineer came out. It worked well for a couple of days but tonight its just dropped again and a speed test has ran at 8 meg !

Ring & ask to be put through to cancellations dept
They will put you through to retention dept
Tell them you are cancelling due to poor service
See how quick they get the problem fixed

Anyway back to ISP
Been with BT Fibre for few years
Never had any issues to date
Fibre to cabinet get around 70meg download & 20 meg upload
You can go on line & do a speed test of what you can expect
Also have a look on one of those price comparisons sites
We pay £28 per month & get BT box/sport & free weekend calls
We paid 12 months line rental in advance to save money  

Alot of other providers are cheaper buy restrict the speeds as lines are still owned by Openreach
70mg is ideal if you have a lot of users in hse (kids etc)
Virgin routers the probably the worst around. Better off buying your own and using that instead.