Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gibbs
(07-17-2017, 12:31 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Jim fucking White, needs knocking down a peg or two. He thinks he's ITK and the fountain of all transfer knowledge because he used to combust on Sky Sports News during deadline day.

He knows fuck Hall

(07-17-2017, 12:39 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:36 PM)telfordbaggie Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:33 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote: Absolute cobblers

Like you would know ?

I know that Pulis doesn't sign your traditional full backs. He's a genuine left back who would be quality. I really hope it's true. But I'm staggered we have the money to buy him and Smalling

Well assuming our budget is 40m we're neutral at the moment - (Saddo out, Jay in)  12m for Gibbs - wouldn't be anywhere near that and say 15m for Smalling - do the sums.  Smalling will not sign so plenty for Rannochia, a midfielder and another winger/striker.

(07-17-2017, 12:39 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:36 PM)telfordbaggie Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:33 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote: Absolute cobblers

Like you would know ?

I know that Pulis doesn't sign your traditional full backs. He's a genuine left back who would be quality. I really hope it's true. But I'm staggered we have the money to buy him and Smalling

I reckon someone has had a word in Mr Pulisaurus's shell-like.  .
(07-17-2017, 12:57 PM)Sol_9_Rondon Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:48 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Gibbs and Hegazy would leave four players capable of playing CB two at RB and three at LB.

That'll do.

RB - Dawson, Nyom

CB - Evans, McAuley, Hegazy, Dawson

LB - Gibbs, Nyom, Brunt

Need a better partner for Evans imo

And who would you suggest? I'm at a loss
Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh 34m34 minutes ago
More
West Brom have approached Arsenal about left back Kieran Gibbs. Valued at £10m. West Brom don't want to pay that much

Tin Pot
(07-17-2017, 10:08 PM)TheOddOne Wrote: Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh  34m34 minutes ago
More
West Brom have approached Arsenal about left back Kieran Gibbs. Valued at £10m. West Brom don't want to pay that much

Tin Pot

I wonder how much we are willing to pay?
Will he end up at Stoke?
(07-17-2017, 10:08 PM)TheOddOne Wrote: Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh  34m34 minutes ago
More

Tin Pot

When does anyone just pay the asking price without trying to negotiate?

Dry your knickers.
(07-17-2017, 10:18 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
More

Tin Pot

When does anyone just pay the asking price without trying to negotiate?

Dry your knickers.

Particularly for a player that has very clearly been made available by his selling club.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football...gossip/amp

The Express story says £8m should be enough.
I know it's a bit of a cliche, but the fact he's not quite 6' tall does make me think there's not much substance in this rumour.
(07-17-2017, 11:37 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I know it's a bit of a cliche, but the fact he's not quite 6' tall does make me think there's not much substance in this rumour.

Hegazy has raised the average height so it may just work...
Not too sure how I feel about this signing. Obviously it'd be good to get a "proper left back" in but assuming we don't have an endless amount of money, I would rather that money be reserved for a striker, winger and a midfielder. Nyom and Brunt are both very good and different in playing style as well. Nyom for the games against teams around us and Brunty there for the difficult opposition. 

Still though, he'd be a good investment if he played well and we could sell him for a good amount of money if he comes good.

Overall I'd be excited if he signs as with any player.