Remembering Lockerbie
31 years ago.

I can recall seeing it on BBC News and was aghast. Not long afterwards I passed through there and the devastation was sobering.
It’s incredible the passing of time for those old enough to recall such things. I remember going to The Dog on the Hagley Rd the night it happened.
Little known, but Johnny Rotten was meant to be on the flight but his Mrs made them miss it and he was furious.
(12-21-2019, 10:59 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It’s incredible the passing of time for those old enough to recall such things. I remember going to The Dog on the Hagley Rd the night it happened.
Little known, but Johnny Rotten was meant to be on the flight but his Mrs made them miss it and he was furious.

I remember reading that years ago. A very lucky escape...
Visited the Memorial Garden,last year, when we passed through Lockerbie. Unbelievable what happened in this quiet little street.Sobering,as you say.
(12-21-2019, 11:07 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 10:59 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It’s incredible the passing of time for those old enough to recall such things. I remember going to The Dog on the Hagley Rd the night it happened.

I remember reading that years ago. A very lucky escape...

Yes - it was in his book!
31 years - wow!
(12-21-2019, 11:08 AM)HugeHons Wrote: Visited the Memorial Garden,last year, when we passed through Lockerbie. Unbelievable what happened in this quiet little street.Sobering,as you say.

A serene place.
As if the bomb on the plane wasn't bad enough, for some of the wreckage to come down on a small town in an otherwise lightly populated part of Scotland was just a terrible twist of fortune.

Difficult for places like Lockerbie, Hungerford, Dunblane to ever completely shake the association with tragedy, which is a horrible and unfair burden on top of what they've already suffered.