*spoilers* Star Wars spoiler reviews / moans. *spoilers*
Just finished watching it.

Thought it was good. I suspect a lot of people will moan. I'm pleased with this trilogy.
Clarnet v2.0
I thought it was much better than the last one and having gone in with low expectations, enjoyed it. Lightsaber fights were good, Ben's "redemption" was rushed and came out of nowhere a bit (oh, I've seen a vision of my dad and I'm good again now...) Did enjoy the fight scene between him and the knights of ren though.
I thought the Ren / Rey relationship was handled brilliantly throughout the trilogy. You could always tell that Ren would eventually turn to the good side, but I thought there was a chance Rey could turn to the darkside.

I knew they'd come together somehow, but thought it could have been done in a way that ended the force, as they brought balance to the force by coming together. 

I'm not sure I'm satisfied with Rey being Palatines granddaughter. Where was his child / children in the prequels? 

I would have liked more explanation as to how Palpatine stayed alive.

I'm not sure bringing Palpatine back was the right thing to do.
Clarnet v2.0
I enjoyed it... But boy oh boy it's so Disney...

(12-19-2019, 09:29 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I thought the Ren / Rey relationship was handled brilliantly throughout the trilogy. You could always tell that Ren would eventually turn to the good side, but I thought there was a chance Rey could turn to the darkside.

I knew they'd come together somehow, but thought it could have been done in a way that ended the force, as they brought balance to the force by coming together. 

I'm not sure I'm satisfied with Rey being Palatines granddaughter. Where was his child / children in the prequels? 

Hi son and daughter in law had fled and took Rey to Jakku, they covered that, not the conception ro any wife / mother stuff though... It's why Palpatine was hunting for them.

Palpatine basically channeled his inner Darth Palageius who had used the Force to cheat death ages before, it was a lost Sith thing.
Is this shit still going?
(12-19-2019, 11:22 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Is this shit still going?

I bet comments like that make you feel really cool and hard.

What can you say? JJ Abrahams remade A New Hope first time around and he pretty much remade ROTJ this time.

Didn’t help that I was half pissed going in there but the first hour and a half was just planet hopping with no actual story behind it. And they’d have been better served keeping Snoke and building him up into something meaningful rather than bringing back the Emperor who really did fuck all.

(12-19-2019, 09:15 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I thought it was much better than the last one and having gone in with low expectations, enjoyed it. Lightsaber fights were good, Ben's "redemption" was rushed and came out of nowhere a bit (oh, I've seen a vision of my dad and I'm good again now...) Did enjoy the fight scene between him and the knights of ren though.

The force is like Christianity, just show remorse at the very end and you’re set...
(12-19-2019, 10:03 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I enjoyed it... But boy oh boy it's so Disney...

(12-19-2019, 09:29 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I thought the Ren / Rey relationship was handled brilliantly throughout the trilogy. You could always tell that Ren would eventually turn to the good side, but I thought there was a chance Rey could turn to the darkside.

Hi son and daughter in law had fled and took Rey to Jakku, they covered that, not the conception ro any wife / mother stuff though... It's why Palpatine was hunting for them.

Palpatine basically channeled his inner Darth Palageius who had used the Force to cheat death ages before, it was a lost Sith thing.

No, I understood that. What I'm getting at, is the fact you'd have thought him having a love interest or a child would have been mentioned before now in the prequels or the original trilogy. 

Is it mentioned in any other cannon material, such as novels? 

That's just a minor gripe, as it seems the plot was shoehorned in rather than thought of since day 1.
Clarnet v2.0
(12-19-2019, 11:22 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Is this shit still going?

Stronger than ever.
Clarnet v2.0

Spoiler alert
(12-20-2019, 08:56 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Spoiler alert

The clue is kinda in the title.

Edited the title to make it extra clear. I felt it was clear enough to begin with...
Clarnet v2.0