Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another good reason the Tories have to go
No comment on what Hammond says about public sector pay but I am seriously unimpressed about leaks coming out of the Cabinet. The sharks are circling as Blair says. I'm not a Tory and I voted to Remain but right now the country needs focus and unity (at least within the government) on Brexit negotiations and pathetically we've got to put up with some self-serving twats doing their best to provoke a leadership contest. What a bunch of fucking cunts (3rd time I've ever used that word on here).
(07-17-2017, 06:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 09:47 PM)Heath Wrote: Those that work in the private sector have exponential earnings capacity, the possibility of numerous perks that public employees cant and dont access.

Wow. Exponential eh?

Maybe a small percentage do. The vast vast majority do not, they're drones & wage slaves. Nor do they have the job security and pension entitlements of most public employees.

(07-17-2017, 04:05 AM)Donegal Wrote: Private sector pensions are shit so public sector ones should be the same in a race to the bottom is the thrust.

I'm not sure that it is his thrust.

It is a fact however, Donny, that my public sector pension built up over 5 years is "worth" half my SIPP built up over 15 years with about 20x the contributions from me.

I fully intend to spend the last 10 years of my working life as a Diversity Officer, for the pension alone.
Arf. What's one of those? Moving to Islington?
Diversity here is someone moving in from over the border every year or so

(07-17-2017, 09:36 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: No comment on what Hammond says about public sector pay but I am seriously unimpressed about leaks coming out of the Cabinet. The sharks are circling as Blair says. I'm not a Tory and I voted to Remain but right now the country needs focus and unity (at least within the government) on Brexit negotiations and pathetically we've got to put up with some self-serving twats doing their best to provoke a leadership contest. What a bunch of fucking cunts (3rd time I've ever used that word on here).

That's my point really. I disagree with his views but if I was him I would have dodged any bear traps and kept my powder dry. Bad politics seems to be everywhere - whether it's the daily Tory back stab or the past 2 years of Labour eejits that won't get behind the leader 
Don't even mention the banana republic here in Ireland

Maybe this is just the way of things now
(07-17-2017, 10:03 AM)Donegal Wrote: Arf. What's one of those? Moving to Islington?

I had another one of those wonderful chats with the under pressure education sector the other day, where one of our projects has just been put in the hands of the newly appointed £45K "Sustainablity Officer". That's a gig I could live with too.

(07-17-2017, 07:52 AM)Heath Wrote: If you think most public sector workers have job security Proth then it shows how detached you are. Rounds of redundancy - on nothing more than statutory - are as commonplace and regular as the months of the year.

With regards to the pensions issue, in my experience an ever increasing number of public servants are working via agencies in roles that they may previously have held permanent as they shield from the crumbling devastation this govt has bought to these services. The money that would previously have paid a pension now is simply the agency fees.

I tend to agree that there have been huge and well overdue culls in local government which, having had the misfortune of working in it, I'd defend until my dying breath. Where else Heath?
I am afraid that almost every single public sector project manager I know (and have known - and its dozens) has been promoted beyond their competence on the basis of having completed a PRINCE2 course. They would barely have passed A levels! This applies equally in UK and Ireland in my experience.
Local government could indeed deliver a lot more with the right people in leadership and change positions. Same for NHS. To get those people you need to pay em well...and so we Come full circle

At present, a lot of the people that you refer to are the wrong people on the right rate!
(07-17-2017, 11:21 AM)Donegal Wrote: I am afraid that almost every single public sector project manager I know (and have known - and its dozens) has been promoted beyond their competence on the basis of having completed a PRINCE2 course. They would barely have passed A levels! This applies equally in UK and Ireland in my experience.
Local government could indeed deliver a lot more with the right people in leadership and change positions. Same for NHS. To get those people you need to pay em well...and so we Come full circle

At present, a lot of the people that you refer to are the wrong people on the right rate!

I agree with all of that.
(07-17-2017, 10:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 10:03 AM)Donegal Wrote: Arf. What's one of those? Moving to Islington?

I had another one of those wonderful chats with the under pressure education sector the other day, where one of our projects has just been put in the hands of the newly appointed £45K "Sustainablity Officer". That's a gig I could live with too.

(07-17-2017, 07:52 AM)Heath Wrote: If you think most public sector workers have job security Proth then it shows how detached you are. Rounds of redundancy - on nothing more than statutory - are as commonplace and regular as the months of the year.

With regards to the pensions issue, in my experience an ever increasing number of public servants are working via agencies in roles that they may previously have held permanent as they shield from the crumbling devastation this govt has bought to these services. The money that would previously have paid a pension now is simply the agency fees.

I tend to agree that there have been huge and well overdue culls in local government which, having had the misfortune of working in it, I'd defend until my dying breath. Where else Heath?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.thegu...ols-survey

Take your pick. Though i dont need stats to support what I see with my own eyes.
No excuse for rank bad management now Greening has secured per pupil funding then eh?

Sustainability Officer anyone?
(07-17-2017, 03:18 PM)Heath Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 10:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.thegu...ols-survey

Take your pick. Though i dont need stats to support what I see with my own eyes.

I'm a governor at a primary school and what is reported in that link is broadly what we're experiencing after years of having some reserves. I'll admit that in one way it's been a kick up the backside because all expenditure and contracts have been analysed and some inefficiencies have been realised (little things like printing the weekly newsletter in colour, for example). However, despite making cutbacks in most areas, ultimately the biggest cut has been in TAs. We're not renewing the temporary contracts and shed a couple of the permanent staff and done a re-structuring which has reduced their hours. It's a shame, because aside from depriving people of their livelihoods, the school is very good and the headteacher considers the TAs as being a significant contributor to the school's success (our ratio of TAs to teachers is higher than average). Time will tell whether these measures have a detrimental effect.
The biggest reason why the Tories should go is because they are a load of penny pincher`s who don`t give a toss about the working class.Remember they don`t need the NHS because there rich and pay for private insurance they do`n`t need pensions because they already have millions in the bank. They don`t care if inflation spiral`s out of control as it won`t effect them,All the public services and the low paid should get a substantial rise that should be taken out of those rich penny pinching Tory pocket`s.
Try that. See how much you raise.