Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another good reason the Tories have to go
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40623343
Easy for a multi millionaire to say
He's only quoting facts again, however annoying it is for you.
(07-16-2017, 11:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote: He's only quoting facts again, however annoying it is for you.

It's not really a fact though is it, just an opinion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40623343

The reality is that it is quite hard to say whether public sector workers are paid more than private sector workers. You are essentially comparing apples with oranges. This is a classic tory trick, play the public sector off against the private sector. In many cases the two sectors are highly integrated and wages set in the public sector help set wages in the private sector.

All I know is that I wouldn't want my kids being taught by a load of desmond graduates and that will happen if the teacher salary is piss poor. Why would anyone want to become a teacher with a top class degree?
(07-16-2017, 11:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote: He's only quoting facts again, however annoying it is for you.

As a teacher it doesn't feel like much of a fact to me. 

Never mind they are looking after the wanker bankers as usual, have they suffered the same constraints as my colleagues since these tossers took office?

It's wealth generation that matters isn't it Proth?
(07-16-2017, 06:47 PM)logic1 Wrote:

Except it's an opinion shared by the IFS (hardly a Tory stooge) drawing on data from the Labour Force Survey and ONS.

So it seems to be a pretty valid opinion. Almost a fact, one could say.

LINK
(07-16-2017, 07:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 06:47 PM)logic1 Wrote:

Except it's an opinion shared by the IFS (hardly a Tory stooge) drawing on data from the Labour Force Survey and ONS.

So it seems to be a pretty valid opinion. Almost a fact, one could say.

LINK

I didn't read that as public sector workers are overpaid, but that both public and private sector workers are underpaid with the public sector being underpaid slightly less.
Meaningless comparison. Public Sector employees essentially take roles that mean an acceptance that they will amost certainly never earn large sums and work and live within the parameters that that contains. Those that work in the private sector have exponential earnings capacity, the possibility of numerous perks that public employees cant and dont access. As such, any theoretical advantage to the pension is a small but warranted compsensation for those that devote their time and passion to providing a stable society. The sort of people that put the fires out when underfunded councils have fucked up.

As someone in a household and family that draws upon all 3 sectors, ive got a fair and broad view of each. The public sector is on its knees and it cannot go on much longer as it is.
He says it because he's a cunt interested in setting workers against workers.
Private sector pensions are shit so public sector ones should be the same in a race to the bottom is the thrust..
After the Tory shitstorm of recent weeks (you ay winning anymore Proth) you would think he would keep his powder dry on this one. Piss poor politics from a piss poor politician

This calls it about right

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...SApp_Other
(07-16-2017, 09:47 PM)Heath Wrote: Those that work in the private sector have exponential earnings capacity, the possibility of numerous perks that public employees cant and dont access.

Wow. Exponential eh?

Maybe a small percentage do. The vast vast majority do not, they're drones & wage slaves. Nor do they have the job security and pension entitlements of most public employees.

(07-17-2017, 04:05 AM)Donegal Wrote: Private sector pensions are shit so public sector ones should be the same in a race to the bottom is the thrust.

I'm not sure that it is his thrust.

It is a fact however, Donny, that my public sector pension built up over 5 years is "worth" half my SIPP built up over 15 years with about 20x the contributions from me.

I fully intend to spend the last 10 years of my working life as a Diversity Officer, for the pension alone.
If you think most public sector workers have job security Proth then it shows how detached you are. Rounds of redundancy - on nothing more than statutory - are as commonplace and regular as the months of the year.

With regards to the pensions issue, in my experience an ever increasing number of public servants are working via agencies in roles that they may previously have held permanent as they shield from the crumbling devastation this govt has bought to these services. The money that would previously have paid a pension now is simply the agency fees.