Thornberry to stand as party leader
(01-14-2020, 01:03 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:00 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Im disappointed but he clearly struggled.

Id like to see a blend of Starmer and Phillips as 1 & 2 with whats left.

That would be the sensible and electable choice, so that’s exactly what won’t happen judging by the likes of McCluskey (spelling) and Momentum the Labour destroyers. But, but, but... look at the how many members we have! 

Btw that wasn’t aimed at you Heath just my frustration at the idiots who cannot see the damage they are doing to the Labour Party and in turn the country. Whether that is well intentioned or not.

You may well be right - im not sure which way it will go at all. I think Starmer probably deserves it for being pretty much the only senior to manage to tread the lines of division without selling himself out in the process.

I think Starmer is a leader in waiting but I have to say that I suspect he was the driving force behind Labour's Brexit position at the last election, which was disastrous. The fact that Brexit will be done and dusted by the next election will be a great relief.
(01-14-2020, 08:50 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 01:03 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:00 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Im disappointed but he clearly struggled.

Id like to see a blend of Starmer and Phillips as 1 & 2 with whats left.

That would be the sensible and electable choice, so that’s exactly what won’t happen judging by the likes of McCluskey (spelling) and Momentum the Labour destroyers. But, but, but... look at the how many members we have! 

Btw that wasn’t aimed at you Heath just my frustration at the idiots who cannot see the damage they are doing to the Labour Party and in turn the country. Whether that is well intentioned or not.

You may well be right - im not sure which way it will go at all. I think Starmer probably deserves it for being pretty much the only senior to manage to tread the lines of division without selling himself out in the process.

I think Starmer is a leader in waiting but I have to say that I suspect he was the driving force behind Labour's Brexit position at the last election, which was disastrous. The fact that Brexit will be done and dusted by the next election will be a great relief.

Ah the joy of an optimist...