Down to Earth, we weren't good today...
(12-09-2019, 08:03 AM)Sunshine Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 07:30 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 07:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think hindsight is great after we've whupped them, but they had a fair few corners first half and we didn't deal great with all of them, like the goal and it was clear that the pendulum swung their way for a few minutes leading up to HRK's goal. Maybe nervous wasn't the right term, but most of us old enough have seen 2 goal leads disappear and a game change to be a mirror opposite will never feel totally comfortable until we get 3 goals ahead.
Swansea, imho, were a threat first half. Second they offered nothing.

I’d agree with... when they made it 2-1 they had spell of pressure where previous Albion sides would have conceded again, however this team seems to have a knack of grabbing goals at important times and as soon as Hal made it 3 I always felt we’d win.

Second half Swansea just collapsed. No idea what Cooper said at HT but second half we could have had any score we’d wanted. They were well beaten, and even the ref took pity on them only adding 2 mins on.

…..the real reason for this....Sky TV.....

Our game was on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football yesterday.   The game after ours on Main Event was Villa vs Leicester.  Our game ran over that much due to head injuries, other injuries and subsequent subs, when the game finished after the 'two' minutes injury time, they cut the feed and went straight to Seal Park where the teams were in the tunnel waiting to come out.  If the ref had played the correct amount of injury time (which much have been at least 6 minutes, given the events as above) the Villa game would have almost certainly have kicked off.

Good old Sky.....royally shagging football sine 1991

Couldn't they have continued our coverage on football channel and cut to villa game on main event?

They did, but I think there is some kind of subscription issue where you can have the main event and not the football channel so those in that situation would have missed the post-match interviews and analysis.
(12-09-2019, 08:02 AM)Statto Wrote: The Sky thing was exactly my thoughts exactly.

There’s a lot of hindsight on this thread. At HT my exact text to a mate was...

They’ve been decent in spells but we look like we are gonna score every time we attack. Not done yet though, but score again and this could be anything.

I think this is the point I was making earlier. In many regards the first half was very even, but when we went forward there was a greater threat, because of that extra quality in our forward players. The second half was a very one sided affair, and if anything we were more wasteful with goal scoring opportunities.

The other point that should be made is that if you wanted to hand pick opponents for a home game, then Swansea would be them. Not afraid to go forward in numbers and very open at the back
(12-08-2019, 04:17 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 04:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: They have to give it from their perspective. After all most fans are one eyed. If he’d started waxing lyrical about us being the best team in the league their supporters would be livid.
They played well first half and caused some problems. Second half we wore them down.
Fair play for them actually coming to give it a go. Wish them well.

They were crap. Johnstone didn’t have to make a save. Knocked it about for the first 20 mins without doing anything. We were immense.
Except for their goal, which went past him at chest height, when he was stood a foot behind the goal line  Cool
I just think the way we play sides will have chances against us, and some time on the football, with the exception of Livermore none of our midfield are what you would call ball winners, however we clearly back ourselves to create more than the opposition and put the ball in the net, long may it continue

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers