Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Anniversary
(06-25-2017, 12:45 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 12:33 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 10:00 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: Not sure how anyone who voted leave can be happy with what's happened in the last 12 months. This is a wind up post that's succeeded in its aim

Employment at record levels...FTSE at highest ever level...Order books fullest for 30 years. Your side loves the news about inflation, but you are very selective in what you hear.

It won't be easy by any means. But it would be so much less hate-filled if you lot realised you lost and accepted it.

Employment growth is a trailing indicator and is growing more slowly recently and there's a big question mark on quality of jobs.
index's across the world have gone up (a lot more than the FTSE)  mainly as a result of the fall in pound which increases the revenue of the companies with large foreign earning and the huge amount of cheap cash around (expect a global market correction soon.) Companies with mainly British income are struggling.
Order books are picking up mainly as a result of the fall in pound and this may help bring the trade deficit into a bit better shape but lets see what trade deal is got before celebrating on that one.

I have no idea where your message of hate is coming from, my comment is I can't understand how anyone can be happy. Lets face it the last 12 months have been a shambles politically and it looks like there's no one in any position of strength to negotiate with the EU. The UK alongside many other advances economies is heading for bankruptcy unless major changes happen and tough decisions happen. BREXIT could potentially make that day come quicker

I didn't mean the hate was coming from you, which is why I said 'you lot'. I meant your side, not you personally.

I love your ability to see every cloud in a silver lining.

If other indices have increased more than the FTSE ones, that does not mean that we should not be happy that it has done so despite people predicting instant recessions if the vote was to leave (irrespective of when we actually leave - the forecasts were based simply on there being a vote to leave).

I have admitted that, not just that we may not prosper as much as we did, but that Brexit may well hurt. This doesn't mean that matters confounding this expectation shouldn't be celebrated. 

As for order books picking up because of the lower pound, this is why I always say: every economic phenomenon is wholly good or wholly bad. It depends. Whether something is generally 'good' or bad (from a macro view) depends on whether it is better or worse (and to what extent) to most people.
(06-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 10:00 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: Not sure how anyone who voted leave can be happy with what's happened in the last 12 months. This is a wind up post that's succeeded in its aim

Employment at record levels...FTSE at highest ever level...Order books fullest for 30 years. Your side loves the news about inflation, but you are very selective in what you hear.

It won't be easy by any means. But it would be so much less hate-filled if you lot realised you lost and accepted it.

Employment growth is a trailing indicator and is growing more slowly recently and there's a big question mark on quality of jobs.
index's across the world have gone up (a lot more than the FTSE)  mainly as a result of the fall in pound which increases the revenue of the companies with large foreign earning and the huge amount of cheap cash around (expect a global market correction soon.) Companies with mainly British income are struggling.
Order books are picking up mainly as a result of the fall in pound and this may help bring the trade deficit into a bit better shape but lets see what trade deal is got before celebrating on that one.

I have no idea where your message of hate is coming from, my comment is I can't understand how anyone can be happy. Lets face it the last 12 months have been a shambles politically and it looks like there's no one in any position of strength to negotiate with the EU. The UK alongside many other advances economies is heading for bankruptcy unless major changes happen and tough decisions happen. BREXIT could potentially make that day come quicker

I didn't mean the hate was coming from you, which is why I said 'you lot'. I meant your side, not you personally.

If other indices have increased more than the FTSE ones, that does not mean that we should not be happy that it has done so despite people predicting instant recessions if the vote was to leave (irrespective of when we actually leave - the forecasts were based simply on there being a vote to leave).

I have admitted that, not just that we may not prosper as much as we did, but that Brexit may well hurt. This doesn't mean that matters confounding this expectation shouldn't be celebrated. 

As for order books picking up because of the lower pound, this is why I always say: every economic phenomenon is wholly good or wholly bad. It depends. Whether something is generally 'good' or bad (from a macro view) depends on whether it is better or worse (and to what extent) to most people.

The reality is no one really knows and the decision can only be called good or bad in 20+ years time. I guess I'm biased but I think actually everyone is to some extent.
(06-25-2017, 01:22 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

The reality is no one really knows and the decision can only be called good or bad in 20+ years time. I guess I'm biased but I think actually everyone is to some extent.

Inevitably, same.
Happy Anniversary Proth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ther...30911.html

Thanks Brexit.