Bristol city forum match report
We can all be one eyed but bloody hell: 

Headline - Match Report: Usual WBA thrashing owes more to LJ than superiority

some choice comments:

"The Baggies might have gone back top with their one sided victory but today it owed much more to an inept away side, than any real advantage". 

"City have lost at the Hawthorns to better West Brom teams over the years, even as recently as last year"

" a more average Baggies side than normal "

At the risk of sounding cliche, were they watching the same game?! 

We were fantastic and marmalised them. We are also a vastly superior side to last year. 

Every game I tend to have a mooch at other fans forums and it's always "oh WBA weren't all that" which you can usually put down to sour grapes but to say that we were anything less than great last night warrants sectioning
(11-28-2019, 08:12 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: We can all be one eyed but bloody hell: 

Headline - Match Report: Usual WBA thrashing owes more to LJ than superiority

some choice comments:

"The Baggies might have gone back top with their one sided victory but today it owed much more to an inept away side, than any real advantage". 

"City have lost at the Hawthorns to better West Brom teams over the years, even as recently as last year"

" a more average Baggies side than normal "

At the risk of sounding cliche, were they watching the same game?! 

We were fantastic and marmalised them. We are also a vastly superior side to last year. 

Every game I tend to have a mooch at other fans forums and it's always "oh WBA weren't all that" which you can usually put down to sour grapes but to say that we were anything less than great last night  warrants sectioning
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/...8/page/14/

Could be worse , could be fucking racist (half way down)
I think 4-1 flattered us a little, but we didn't get out of second gear - we didn't need too. They were shite.
(11-28-2019, 08:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I think 4-1 flattered us a little, but we didn't get out of second gear - we didn't need too. They were shite.

I don’t think it flattered us at all. Could have been about 7.
(11-28-2019, 08:50 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 08:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I think 4-1 flattered us a little, but we didn't get out of second gear - we didn't need too. They were shite.

I don’t think it flattered us at all. Could have been about 7.

We took our chances well. I thought the first half finished in a whimper. Not complaining - we were worth all three points, just saying we didn't smash them, but were very clinical.
Shittest shout of the year that we were a better team last season.

We're miles better now.
JakeeeeFM: Such a negative team selection from the beginning. Got what we deserved.

@easthope_steven: Let’s all calm down! Not saying we were good tonight but West Brom are a country mile the best team in this division. Johnson has build a solid championship team but we’re some way off competing at the very top.

@FanAdamno1: 1 shot on target in 190 minutes of football

ReganT16: Take it on the chin, maybe a battering is what we needed to sort our football out.

Chris Lear: Lost 3 games all season. 2 of which were against Leeds and West Brom. Some of you need to get a serious grip.

Daniel Hill: Really thought we had a chance how we came out second half but WBA are just a different class and just made it all look easy. This is where all the draws will hurt us

Source - Brum Mail
“We have no creativity whatsoever. The touch and movement of WBA is on a different planet and I can't see there anything special.”

I’d love to know who is special in this division if it’s not “West Black Albion” FFS
Im fairness, I didn't think we were at our best last night. I didn't think we created a lot of clear chances, and our football wasn't as fluid as it could be. It was actually a scrappy game.

I've seen us dominate teams this season with good football (QPR away, for example), where we create a lot of good chances and overwhelm the opposition. But what impressed me about last night, which makes us a far better team than last season, was the way we dominated and controlled the match.

We kept Bristol at arms length, allowing them to create next to nothing, and leading them to run out of attacking ideas in the first half.We controlled the game, took what little chances we created, in clinical fashion, and just looked a much better side. All while in first gear.

We let our dominance slip when they scored, but quickly moved into second gear and stomped any idea of a Bristol comeback out. How many times have we seen Albion cave in and allow a team an equaliser?

I thoroughly enjoyed watching a dominant, clinical and professional display. And it sends a message to the league, that we beat a good team convincingly, while not getting out of second gear. Impressive.

This is a damn good team.
Clarnet v2.0
I'm a bit puzzled what some people were watching last night. I thought we were superb. Our passing and movement is the best I've seen for a while.
We weathered the storm well just after half time and had the better of the half after that.
Although there was a question mark about our last two goals being offside I certainly didn't think 4-1 flattered us.