Bristol city forum match report
(11-28-2019, 10:45 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 08:12 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: "City have lost at the Hawthorns to better West Brom teams over the years, even as recently as last year"

" a more average Baggies side than normal "

Don't buy the we were better last year than this, although we were great in patches in last years match against them they could have been 2 or 3 up before we took the lead... this year we restricted them to very little and they were never going to get anything from the game
Looked up the BBC stats 

Last season they had 8 shots on target to our 7 (and significantly more shots in total) Last night we had 7 to their 1 on target.
Last season they had more possession too.

To me me last season ended up feeling a close game when they got the quick 2 goals back, yesterday I thought we strolled it.
From memory last year we were brilliant for 25 minutes in the first half (not the only time last season we were so good for a short period it was enough to win games), blew them away then allowed them a sniff in the second half. This year they barely got a look in and we controlled the game for the vast majority. We seemed not to press them quite so urgently in the first half and it became apparent why when their back 3 insisted on playing the ball mostly out of play or harmlessly through to SJ.
(11-28-2019, 10:54 AM)MattJ81 Wrote: From memory last year we were brilliant for 25 minutes in the first half (not the only time last season we were so good for a short period it was enough to win games), blew them away then allowed them a sniff in the second half.  This year they barely got a look in and we controlled the game for the vast majority.  We seemed not to press them quite so urgently in the first half and it became apparent why when their back 3 insisted on playing the ball mostly out of play or harmlessly through to SJ.

The third goal really pleased me last night as all game long their keeper had been playing goal kicks short and to their left CB or left WB and neither looked comfortable in possession, yet we didn’t put any pressure on them. The first time we really pressed that situation resulted in the turnover for HRK’s goal, and until then it felt like a real missed opportunity.
I go on opponents forums post match just to see how they viewed the game and it is usually as someone has already said "knee jerk nonsense".. However BCs took it to new levels, and the "West Black Albion" post was disgusting.. Horrible inbred cunts.
"West Black Albion"

I know they're a bit backwards in the west country but fuck me. And of about 100 comments after only two pulled the poster up on it. Inbreds.
(11-28-2019, 11:41 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote: "West Black Albion"

I know they're a bit backwards in the west country but fuck me. And of about 100 comments after only two pulled the poster up on it. Inbreds.

Having said that, one who did pull him up, did it very well.

FWIW, i didn't think it was 'disgusting' more ignorant. I just scanned right across it...

Must be the slave trade - he probably thinks Bristol's been going downhill since it was banned.

As to the game - only saw it on the box but thought we were very comfortable without being top notch as per other games.  The odd poor pass, but as has been said, mainly because trying to thread passes forward rather than sideways all the time.  Once again Bartley and Ajayi looked the real deal and the balance between Ferguson's more defensive play and Gibbs wingback forays gave us a great shape and left Bristol unable to counter effectively.  That said they were pretty shit.
(11-28-2019, 12:07 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:

Must be the slave trade - he probably thinks Bristol's been going downhill since it was banned.

As to the game - only saw it on the box but thought we were very comfortable without being top notch as per other games.  The odd poor pass, but as has been said, mainly because trying to thread passes forward rather than sideways all the time.  Once again Bartley and Ajayi looked the real deal and the balance between Ferguson's more defensive play and Gibbs wingback forays gave us a great shape and left Bristol unable to counter effectively.  That said they were pretty shit.

Agree. 
Gibbs and Furlong would be wonderful to watch, but we'd get done on the break so often!

Gibbs could have had a hattrick last night, and there have been plenty of games where Furlong could and should have scored. The balance Ferguson brings is really key to our overall play so he needs to be in the team, but we really do need to sort his contract out sharpish!
"we make 3 basic mistakes and concede 3 goals. Without that we wouldve drawn the game"

Incredible
(11-28-2019, 12:22 PM)Sliced Wrote: "we make 3 basic mistakes and concede 3 goals. Without that we wouldve drawn the game"

Incredible
https://youtu.be/lpA8Og-MsPE

Was Marty Feldman from Bristol?