Bad accident
On Kenrick way, hope the chap that was hit by a car is ok.
(11-28-2019, 01:56 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: On Kenrick way, hope the chap that was hit by a car is ok.

Isn't that the second time this season that a pedestrian has been hit by a car on Kenrick?
Many more than that I’m afraid - fans have been getting hit by cars around the ground for years (he says from experience) but it’s been kept reasonably quiet.
It’s not that safe if you sit back and assess it objectively; we all know that.
There were a lot of ambulances heading that way. Problem is cars fight with the traffic.

If you want to get away quickly onto the motorway you are best off doing what I do and parking in Beeches Road / by Mercure. I left after 93, ran and was on the motorway by 10.05 despite being at the top of Beeches Road. Parking near the ground you wouldn’t be away until 10.30 at least.
Not surprised. Drivers get frustrated by the traffic and the more moronic of them floor the pedal as soon as they see a gap. Plod should really take a bit more notice.
(11-28-2019, 01:56 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: On Kenrick way, hope the chap that was hit by a car is ok.

'Sort of' saw this happen all be it from the other side of the road. I'm on opiate based pain killers for neuralgia at the moment so I wouldn't make the most reliable of witnesses though. Spotted a gap in the traffic as we were walking down so me and the wife crossed over the road.

Shortly after we heard a skid and looked back over as a white BMW travelling at speed was swerving to avoid a people carrier which was slowing or parked up. I don't remember whether the people carrier had hazards or lights on. Either way the BMW mounted the kerb. There were a lot of people about and there was much shouting. My wife spotted one person on the floor although we couldn't tell whether they were directly hit or caught as the car span around.

We didn't cross to see if we could help because as stated there were already a fair few bods around and there didn't seem much point in having a doped up me about. Too many gormless gawping twats spoil the broth. The traffic was obviously halted for a bit but as we walked on it began to move again. Bystanders may have moved the BMW but I didn't actually see this happening. I've seen nothing in the press about this as yet and I'm hoping all is well.
This was today (Thursday midday)
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-c...t-17332524
(11-29-2019, 12:46 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

'Sort of' saw this happen all be it from the other side of the road. I'm on opiate based pain killers for neuralgia at the moment so I wouldn't make the most reliable of witnesses though. Spotted a gap in the traffic as we were walking down so me and the wife crossed over the road.

Shortly after we heard a skid and looked back over as a white BMW travelling at speed was swerving to avoid a people carrier which was slowing or parked up. I don't remember whether the people carrier had hazards or lights on. Either way the BMW mounted the kerb. There were a lot of people about and there was much shouting. My wife spotted one person on the floor although we couldn't tell whether they were directly hit or caught as the car span around.

We didn't cross to see if we could help because as stated there were already a fair few bods around and there didn't seem much point in having a doped up me about. Too many gormless gawping twats spoil the broth. The traffic was obviously halted for a bit but as we walked on it began to move again. Bystanders may have moved the BMW but I didn't actually see this happening. I've seen nothing in the press about this as yet and I'm hoping all is well.

You must have been feet from me, I was sat in traffic directly opposite it, thankfully turns out the guy only suffered cuts and bruises.
(11-29-2019, 08:08 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 12:46 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

You must have been feet from me, I was sat in traffic directly opposite it, thankfully turns out the guy only suffered cuts and bruises.

Cheers for the update CB, things could have been a LOT worse in terms of both injuries and numbers.