Rail seating at The Hawthorns
(11-16-2019, 02:17 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 05:30 AM)fbaggy Wrote: dont think it is illegal the law requires that clubs provide a seat for all supporters, I think its the safety committees that grant the safety certificates that dictate supporters must sit on them as it is unsafe to stand with standard seating, that goes away with rail seating and still complies with the law as a seat is provided

If that’s the case how come clubs spent ages applying to have it and there were attempts to get the law changed, rather than just installing it anyway?

I think some posters were misreading this thread too, no one as far as I can see is against it, a few of us just find it odd that it’s suddenly been installed in some places after years of trying and failing to get it agreed.

The law, "1989 Football Spectators Act", allows the minister to specify conditions under which a safety licence to allow a stadium to admit spectators can admit spectators, currently this is that we have all-seater stadiums in the premier league and championship. As a result it is not safe to stand with traditional seating. The issue was did rail seating comply with the condition and that was basically up to the minister to say yay or nay hence the attempts to get the law/condition changed to allow rail type seating.
Isn't/wasn't it a rule that, in European competitions, the seats have to be down as people are required to sit?

So if you are actually sitting in a rail seat, surely you have a rail obstructing your view?
(11-17-2019, 07:31 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: Isn't/wasn't it a rule that, in European competitions, the seats have to be down as people are required to sit?

So if you are actually sitting in a rail seat, surely you have a rail obstructing your view?

Watch any European game and the stands with rail seats nobody actually sits down in them despite the threat of Death by firing squad some on here would have you beleive
The Zimmer-esque styling has a certain appeal.

Especially for someone with knees like mine.