Sawyers
(11-12-2019, 12:07 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: IMO he could play for the top clubs in England.

You say that about every fucker in a blue and white shirt. As others have said, he’s 27, if he was going to make it to the top he would have done by now.

You don’t have to spout OTT nonsense about every player you know.
(11-11-2019, 08:50 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:25 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: My nephew works at QPR. He's at a Q&A with Rangers manager Mark Warburton tonight who was asked "If money was no object, which Championship player would you like in the QPR team". Warburtons answer: "Sawyers".

Nice to hear. Cannot believe we got him so cheaply....

Was he in the last year of his contract? I'd guess he told Brentford it was Albion or he'd leave on a free the following year. It would then have become a buyer's market.

Exactly what happened, top piece of “tapping up” in our part as well it has to be said  Big Grin

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-12-2019, 08:54 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: My nephew works at QPR. He's at a Q&A with Rangers manager Mark Warburton tonight who was asked "If money was no object, which Championship player would you like in the QPR team". Warburtons answer: "Sawyers".

Was he in the last year of his contract? I'd guess he told Brentford it was Albion or he'd leave on a free the following year. It would then have become a buyer's market.

Exactly what happened, top piece of “tapping up” in our part as well it has to be said  Big Grin

Cuzer

Strange thing was, exactly a year before he joined us I was told by two Brentford season ticket holders that he was definitely Albion bound. He has also made all the right noises about coming home.   Funny old gammon chops didn't go for him last January when them lot were on their losing run?
(11-12-2019, 06:33 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Cuzer

Strange thing was, exactly a year before he joined us I was told by two Brentford season ticket holders that he was definitely Albion bound. He has also made all the right noises about coming home.   Funny old gammon chops didn't go for him last January when them lot were on their losing run?

It's because he doesn't fall on his arse every 10 seconds and have a twatty hair cut

Cuzer

SOUNDS LIKE U NO UR STUFF M8
There’s a few in the team I’d like to see in the Prem to see what they can do (hopefully with us next season) Sawyers Ferguson Pereira Grady and the new improved Livermore
(11-12-2019, 08:17 PM)Geralous Wrote: There’s a few in the team I’d like to see in the Prem to see what they can do (hopefully with us next season) Sawyers Ferguson Pereira Grady and the new improved Livermore

I have no fears about Livermore in the Prem. Until he got Pulised he was doing fine there.
(11-12-2019, 01:56 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:07 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: IMO he could play for the top clubs in England.

If he was good enough he would have been long ago.

Great passer of the ball but lacks awareness (half asleep at times)  in the defensive third and far too casual to play for a top side. That's why he's playing for us.

Agreed - I also think he'd need to be a little quicker. Delighted he's playing for us though. I reckon he's going to be a Brunteh. Wonderful player, great passer, good footballing brain but just not quite good enough to play at a top 8 club.
(11-13-2019, 08:41 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Great passer of the ball but lacks awareness (half asleep at times)  in the defensive third and far too casual to play for a top side. That's why he's playing for us.

Agreed - I also think he'd need to be a little quicker. Delighted he's playing for us though. I reckon he's going to be a Brunteh. Wonderful player, great passer, good footballing brain but just not quite good enough to play at a top 8 club.

I've seen him on a couple of occasions get done by an attacker because he's turned his back, dived in - something we give the kids a bollocking for a Saturday. High scores with us in possession, less so without.
(11-13-2019, 09:50 AM)Fido Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 08:41 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

I've seen him on a couple of occasions get done by an attacker because he's turned his back, dived in - something we give the kids a bollocking for a Saturday. High scores with us in possession, less so without.

he doesn't hide though which is something a lot of our players have done over the years (Harper comes to mind from current crop) so he's always going to be caught/make mistakes.  although that yellow on Saturday is indefensible!