Brexit countdown
The clock is ticking. 2 months to go. After tonight's vote, I still think a no deal is the most likely outcome.

How are everyone's preparations going?
After 9/11 when the Yanks decided to invade Iraq, my wifes’s nan was so concerned at the prospect of WW3 breaking out that she asked her daughter to get her 3 or 4 extra tins of soup in. 

On this eminently sensible basis, I may well get some extra tins of Heinz sausage & beans. I’ll also shortly be making a trip to MaccieD’s to eat a whole heap of chicken nuggets for potentially the last time.
(01-30-2019, 01:56 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: After 9/11 when the Yanks decided to invade Iraq, my wifes’s nan was so concerned at the prospect of WW3 breaking out that she asked her daughter to get her 3 or 4 extra tins of soup in. 

On this eminently sensible basis, I may well get some extra tins of Heinz sausage & beans. I’ll also shortly be making a trip to MaccieD’s to eat a whole heap of chicken nuggets for potentially the last time.

As long as I will still be able to get my Avacado and Falafel Flat Bread from Pret, then I will be just fine.
Flag shagging,misogynistic,covidiot,anitvax gammon.
Or just a normal white bloke.
(01-30-2019, 08:02 AM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 01:56 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: After 9/11 when the Yanks decided to invade Iraq, my wifes’s nan was so concerned at the prospect of WW3 breaking out that she asked her daughter to get her 3 or 4 extra tins of soup in. 

As long as I will still be able to get my Avacado and Falafel Flat Bread from Pret, then I will be just fine.

Can't grow chick peas or avocados in the U of K, unfortunately, but mushy peas and picked winter greens in sunblest might be an option.

My god you are following a scorched earth policy, caged chickens and pigs that require tons of crops to be grown polluting the land. 
Methane from both the pigs and you post the baked bean destroying the air we breath.

I'm off to chew on a sustainable flip flop
Do I detect scepticism?

The client I work for are full on Brexit prep now. Loads of people involved in system prep and analysing processes to see where they need to change and focus testing. Costing them thousands every day. It's a very tight timeline and time allocated to various phases of the project is nowhere near what they would normally allocate for a project of this magnitude in order to meet the March 29th deadline.
(01-30-2019, 08:52 AM)Beano Wrote:

My god you are following a scorched earth policy, caged chickens and pigs that require tons of crops to be grown polluting the land. 
Methane from both the pigs and you post the baked bean destroying the air we breath.

Chickens and pigs aren't more environmentally friendly and sustainable than cows to be fair. Beef and dairy farming are the big problems.
(01-30-2019, 01:11 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 08:52 AM)Beano Wrote:

Chickens and pigs aren't more environmentally friendly and sustainable than cows to be fair. Beef and dairy farming are the big problems.

Rolleyes
I'm in the "fuck all will change" camp.
(01-30-2019, 04:47 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I'm in the "fuck all will change" camp.

I hope you're right. I doubt you are, but I hope you are.