Vangelis
Was at a mates house with my daughters  last night who’s got a great view of the fireworks from Himley off their roof terrace . I’ve not been in a great mood the past couple of weeks due to some family health issues and wasn’t really looking forward to it. Then the fireworks started and a backdrop off vangelis was put on. I haven’t listened to Vangelis for years and it’s not my typical choice but wow. How a bit of light and music can alter a mood to relax was encapsulated in that moment!

I wanted to link to L’enfant by Vangelis but am not clever enough to do that link thing where videos come up but if anyone can that would be great.
Hope this works...

Cheers oss!!

Had a few listens to Chariots of Fire today too. Great piece of music!
He did some good stuff with Jon Anderson back in the eighties.

The album Private Collection has just a single track on the second side; it's called Horizon and well worth a listen. A few mysterious (pretentious?) lyrics, as was often the case with Anderson, but overall still good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8fsxiSLh7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jp7JzaOrao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oANV6SQhwI
(11-03-2019, 07:25 PM)Ossian Wrote: He did some good stuff with Jon Anderson back in the eighties.

The album Private Collection has just a single track on the second side; it's called Horizon and well worth a listen. A few mysterious (pretentious?) lyrics, as was often the case with Anderson, but overall still good.

A few? You could say that  Big Grin . I love Yes in all incarnations but that may be an understatement  Big Grin
Before his solo albums and teaming up with Jon Anderson, he was in a band called Aphrodite's Child. He played keyboards (obviously) and the bass player/singer was none other than Demis Roussos. This was the title track of their first (I think) album. 

They later made an double concept album based on the Book Of Revelations called 666. I once saw something that said it was "that complicated, it made Yes sound like Poison". I had to buy it after that description.
This post and Sol Throstle's shows we all have our crosses to bear. Think life is tough for most people, incredibly unfair, and making sense of it is impossible.
This board/football is a light relief, but don't question we all have our own loads to carry.
Get it about music too, it can transform us. I have a best of Jon and Vangelis and might listen to a bit more of Vangelis in light of this.
(11-04-2019, 01:38 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This post and Sol Throstle's shows we all have our crosses to bear. Think life is tough for most people, incredibly unfair, and making sense of it is impossible.
This board/football is a light relief, but don't question we all have our own loads to carry.
Get it about music too, it can transform us. I have a best of Jon and Vangelis and might listen to a bit more of Vangelis in light of this.

+1