Preston winning
(11-03-2019, 01:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Charlton look pretty poor. As did Barnsley on Friday. Frustrating the points we dropped vs both.

Preston don't look a great deal better either.
(11-03-2019, 01:53 PM)WWHO Wrote: Are we going to have a new thread every time promotion rival plays?

Yep.
(11-03-2019, 01:59 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Charlton look pretty poor. As did Barnsley on Friday. Frustrating the points we dropped vs both.

Charlton and Barnslely looked good against us.  Barnsely finished well against the Robins.  We may or may not be good enough to be promoted...
It's a close division. Let's just try and win our games and worry about the rivals when it's the business end of the season.
(11-03-2019, 02:04 PM)hudds Wrote:

Charlton and Barnslely looked good against us.  Barnsely finished well against the Robins.  We may or may not be good enough to be promoted...

You don’t get this game at all, do you? The way to play it is make a prediction for who will get promoted based on the weekend’s results which can be wildly different from the one you made the previous week. It’s just a bit of fun.
(11-03-2019, 02:14 PM)Fido Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:04 PM)hudds Wrote:

You don’t get this game at all, do you? The way to play it is make a prediction for who will get promoted based on the weekend’s results which can be wildly different from the one you made the previous week. It’s just a bit of fun.

Damn.  If it's too difficult, I can't understand it.  I can't find me bag that had the cakes in.

Yeah that what does my head  we make average side look world beaters then you see them next game and they cant put 2 passes together imo PNE looked good today and well organized , they have wide players who can deliver and a target man who if he only flicks it on can bring others into play . Didnt relise but they have had 7 pens already and scored the lot so the must be doing something right going forward . Some might say they wont last the difference but the same was being said about  Norwich n Sheff utd but its what we do ourselves which will determine were we finish .
We don’t do enough when we haven’t got the ball.  Chronically bad in the first 45 of those 2 home games
(11-03-2019, 04:42 PM)Three Degrees Wrote:

Yeah that what does my head  we make average side look world beaters then you see them next game and they cant put 2 passes together imo PNE looked good today and well organized , they have wide players who can deliver and a target man who if he only flicks it on can bring others into play . Didnt relise but they have had 7 pens already and scored the lot so the must be doing something right going forward . Some might say they wont last the difference but the same was being said about  Norwich n Sheff utd but its what we do ourselves which will determine were we finish .

I could see Preston finishing in the top 6 this season, but top 2, who knows?

I'll say again, most sides will fade from the automatic promotion chase. 83 points would have seen Sheffield promoted last season and I fancy that this season the total needed for top 2 may well be a little lower than that. If we do a little better than last season points wise I think we'll go up, so I'm not concerned with other sides really.
2 points a game and we go up.

We win tomorrow, we go to 30 from 15 and we’re back on top... it really is that simple.

It would be nice if every team dropped points every week, but battling at the top means that more often than not we’ll have to win games to keep pace.

5 points from our last 3 games was just not good enough, and undid the good work we’d done in previous weeks... a side that wants to run away with this league would have taken 9 points, but we don’t have the options to do that.