The Boris plan coming to fruition
No surprise with the lack of decent opposition that Boris's plan to grasp power in this country is finally on the glidepath.

When the bigots and the racists give him the majority he craves god help this country.
(10-29-2019, 10:21 PM)billybassett Wrote: No surprise with the lack of decent opposition that Boris's plan to grasp power in this country is finally on the glidepath.

When the bigots and the racists give him the majority he craves god help this country.

Talking of racist bigots... Corbyn won't be counting on the Jewish vote I assume.
(10-29-2019, 10:27 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 10:21 PM)billybassett Wrote: No surprise with the lack of decent opposition that Boris's plan to grasp power in this country is finally on the glidepath.

Talking of racist bigots... Corbyn won't be counting on the Jewish vote I assume.

In fairness to Johnson the Jews are just about the only demographic he hasn't abused in public.
Corbyn's biggest issue with me is his indecisiveness, not sure he would make a good Prime Minister, he is more of an activist than a leader. Not sure I would want John McDonald and Diane Abbott anywhere near government either.

Fugg knows who I will vote for ... none of them have shown me a good reason to support them.

We always used to say to have a good government you need a good opposition, we have had neither and the way things are going it does not look good for the future.
Not really sure this has been Johnson's plan all along. I think he would've much rather got brexit done by 31st October as promised (I see the ditch has been forgotten).

Given the divided nature of the country I think this election is very difficult to call and Johnson wouldn't have wanted to stake everything on it.

PS. If anyone has any evidence of anti-semitism (rather than criticism of israeli-policy) that Corbyn could reasonably be held responsible for (ie not social media comments from random dickheads) I'd be interested to see it. The anti-semitism thing seems like the most obvious smear campaign I've ever seen. I like Corbyn but I also recognise he needs to go if we're going to beat the Tories for any length of time as the attacks on him aren't going to stop and are a huge distraction. Furthermore, Diane Abbott is one of the most impressive parliamentarians to have held the office. I'm not a fan of bringing race/sex into everything but the repeated references to mistakes she's made (which pale in comparison to public errors by those currently in govermment) does make one wonder
Its a sad indictment of UK politics when the Tory strap line is 'Vote for us or get Corbyn'. When your starting position is being the 'least worst' it shows how crap it all is.

I genuinely don't know who to vote for although it wont matter around here as Maria Miller will waltz in as per usual. A woman who was sacked over expenses, has sold her main house in Wimbledon for £1.2 million in profit and yet claimed over £50,000 in expenses for it as a second home.
Yep, funny how the good old BBC are grilling Labour MPs about their divided views on an election the likes of Cuntsberg have already decided they can't (or musn't) win but have not asked Tory members if Boris has found a suitable ditch to do us all a favour in.
Apologies if I've missed said interviews.
(10-30-2019, 07:38 AM)Rustynail Wrote: Corbyn's biggest issue with me is his indecisiveness, not sure he would make a good Prime Minister, he is more of an activist than a leader. Not sure I would want John McDonald and Diane Abbott anywhere near government either.

Fugg knows who I will vote for ... none of them have shown me a good reason to support them.

We always used to say to have a good government you need a good opposition, we have had neither and the way things are going it does not look good for the future.

My feeling on this too the thought of Corbyn, Mcdonald and Abbott holding the reins of power quite frankly chills me to the bone but the others aren't much better either all are treacherous twats, we really are fugged at the moment.
(10-30-2019, 07:54 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: My feeling on this too the thought of Corbyn, Mcdonald and Abbott holding the reins of power quite frankly chills me to the bone but the others aren't much better either all are treacherous twats, we really are fugged at the moment.

Why's that? Genuinely interested as this is a line of thought that seems reasonably common but unless you've been reading the mail all this time I really don't get it?  The current Labour Manifesto seems to be a perfectly acceptable, slightly left of centre-left set of policies that would benefit the majority of this country.
(10-30-2019, 07:58 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 07:54 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: My feeling on this too the thought of Corbyn, Mcdonald and Abbott holding the reins of power quite frankly chills me to the bone but the others aren't much better either all are treacherous twats, we really are fugged at the moment.

Why's that? Genuinely interested as this is a line of thought that seems reasonably common but unless you've been reading the mail all this time I really don't get it?  The current Labour Manifesto seems to be a perfectly acceptable, slightly left of centre-left set of policies that would benefit the majority of this country.

The manifesto may be realistic who knows - although manifestos are a complete waste of time unless you have a large majority.

The trouble with the Labour party is what has been said earlier - wishy washy stance on Brexit and strategy in recent times. The last month has seen Corbyn basically anonymous. It's an embarrassing position for the current opposition to be so far behind the Conservatives when for 3 years they've fought an internal civil war with Mr Punch now in charge of the seaside show.

It's absolutely gutting for me to realise the young kids in my family are going to have to suffer the Conservatives whilst they run through Brexit making us billions poorer (as per NIESR research today) take away many of the freedoms they have to work and play across the EU and see our local services and facilities demolished by a bunch of Oxbridge toffs who just want to wield power. Shame on the bigots and middle englanders but shame on the Labour party for not actually putting up a fight.