So what's the Barry Clause?
Good question
(10-27-2019, 07:20 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 04:26 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 10:28 AM)Cuzer Wrote: To be fair it was in the contract from the day we signed him, I presume all parties concerned Barry and Albion thought that contract would be his last

Everton are being a bit pathetic about the whole thing though, affecting Barry at his age as much as us but to use him, as Slaven wants too it will cost us in excess of 1m should we go up and he plays 20 odd games

Cuzer

Struggling to see how it could wind up costing us a further £1m....

This clause came into effect when Barry’s contract expired, this summer, the issue is should we wish to extend it, which we do, we continue paying money to Everton every time he plays

Cuzer?

Is it up to the maximum of £1.5m as in the original contract? Or are you saying it's now limitless or another 1.5m?

We have to pay a fee every time he features, this has been reduced from in excess of 20k per appearance to less than half of that

We then also have to pay a fee upon promotion, not far away from 500k

I’ve clearly made that all up for the benefit of slice

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(10-28-2019, 04:50 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 07:20 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 04:26 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 10:28 AM)Cuzer Wrote: To be fair it was in the contract from the day we signed him, I presume all parties concerned Barry and Albion thought that contract would be his last

Everton are being a bit pathetic about the whole thing though, affecting Barry at his age as much as us but to use him, as Slaven wants too it will cost us in excess of 1m should we go up and he plays 20 odd games

Cuzer

Struggling to see how it could wind up costing us a further £1m....

This clause came into effect when Barry’s contract expired, this summer, the issue is should we wish to extend it, which we do, we continue paying money to Everton every time he plays

Cuzer?

Is it up to the maximum of £1.5m as in the original contract? Or are you saying it's now limitless or another 1.5m?

We have to pay a fee every time he features, this has been reduced from in excess of 20k per appearance to less than half of that

We then also have to pay a fee upon promotion, not far away from 500k

I’ve clearly made that all up for the benefit of slice

Cuzer

I get that, but it doesn't really answer my question. Is it a continuation of the old contract, maxing out at 1.5mill less what we've already paid? If so, I don't have a problem with that.