Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion and confirmed fatalities at Manchester Arena
Absolutely awful. When this broke I  thought it might even just be some stage pyrotechnics going haywire. I am shocked that it escalated from an incident to serious incident to this, thought it was a false alarm.

Awful. Truly awful. Sad
Just listening to bloke on BBC who was collecting his wife and daughter. Sounded like carnage. Hopefully casualties as minimal as possible.
(05-22-2017, 10:51 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Absolutely awful. When this broke I  thought it might even just be some stage pyrotechnics going haywire. I am shocked that it escalated from an incident to serious incident to this, thought it was a false alarm.

Awful. Truly awful. Sad

We're meant to be there on Saturday for Take That. All sorts of thoughts going through my head at the moment. Could have been us. 

The concert tonight would have been attended largely by young kids. A number of fatalities. Unreal. Can only hope the fatalities are as few as possible.

Video of explosion : https://twitter.com/JoeAaronGregory/stat...5821677569

Safe to watch, no gore.

Hope casualties are at a minimum ffs.
I still can't quite believe this. Like I said, I expected it to be nothing, particularly how the crowds in the arena on the footage don't seem THAT panicked. I started to worry when the Police started saying the station was blocked.

This is no comfort to the bereaved but I hope it isn't anything deliberate as I think losing a loved one to evil acts is worse than losing them to accident. I don't know, I am just musing aloud and may well be talking b******s.

If it is deliberate it takes a special kind of evil to target a concert which would be packed full of kids. There is no indication yet that it may be from such a cause and I dearly hope not and that the fatalities are minimal.

Thinking of parents now who may well be be frantic. FFS, man. Sad

Now being mooted that injuries could have been in the ensuing crush.

Explosion was in foyet which rules out stage fireworks going wrong.

Tim Farron has, I believe, described it as an attack.
I may have been working at her shows at The O2 in London later in the week (nothing was confirmed yet). I'm guessing they'll be cancelled now.

BBC News saying that the explosion looks like it was actually in Victoria rail station, that adjoins the venue.
City is in lockdown. I am working in Town and should be playing squash at 7am.

Hope everybody around gets away safely. I have a spare room if anybody knows anyone up here.
Bomb disposal units at scene.

Out of all the attacks and foiled UK attacks I don't think any has made me feel sick to the depths of my stomach like this. What would the average age at an Arianna Grande concert be? What % of that audience would be kids?

I always did think that the 'blockage' at the Station was concerning as it doesn't take Morse to realise that this is a a bit of a coverup description. Understandably, as Police don't want to cause panic so not blaming Police, just saying that the term was indicative of somthing being concealed.

You think about this, young kids looking forward to this and it ending like this. I am literally sat here shaking my head as I type this.

Treated as a 'possible terrorist incident'.

I feel ill with anger.
I feel sick at this.

If it is a terrorist attack, I can't help but wonder how on earth they got the device into the arena. Proper search methods would have found it when they tried to enter the venue. Eye-witness reports from people who attended the show have said that there was no security/stewards helping people leave quickly and safely, hence the panic. If that is the case, then whoever does security there are shit.

I'm at Wembley this weekend for the FA Cup Final and the League 2 and Championship Play-Off Finals, so security will be hella tight after this. But this one hits close to fucking home. "There but for the grace of God...".
(05-23-2017, 12:03 AM)Bromley Baggie Wrote: I feel sick at this.

If it is a terrorist attack, I can't help but wonder how on earth they got the device into the arena. Proper search methods would have found it when they tried to enter the venue. Eye-witness reports from people who attended the show have said that there was no security/stewards helping people leave quickly and safely, hence the panic. If that is the case, then whoever does security there are shit.

I'm at Wembley this weekend for the FA Cup Final and the League 2 and Championship Play-Off Finals, so security will be hella tight after this. But this one hits close to fucking home. "There but for the grace of God...".

Sounds like it was in the foyer at the end of the gig. Also sounds like it was possibly a nailbomb as lots of shrapnel wounds described.

Whoever is responsible is beyond pure evil. 

You know what resonated with me? On the Sky pictures there are people running down the stairs screaming. At the left of the picture is a man and woman standing calmly, probably for their kid or kids. They were not is a position to run, they must have had a rendezvous arranged and so would continue to wait. I have no idea what their minds must have been going through or how they appeared to be so calm. Sad

19 deaths. Nineteen.

I don't know what to say.