Mr Lai
At the end of last season our side looked tired and incapable of sustaining a promotion challenge this season. Then players left and we were slow to recruit a new manager and even later to sign quality players. Since then the club has been transformed and there is a now a real buzz about the place, a real enthusiastic manager and some great exciting players all blending together well, with the added bonus of being top of the championship over the international break. When things looked desperate with no visible action our owner, Mr Lai, got tremendous stick and abuse on here. Now times have changed so much I have not seen one thread praising Mr Lai. At the end of the day he is the owner and should receive substantial praise for where we are now. The Chinese are extremely enthusiastic football followers and I’m sure Mr Lai wants to see success and the premiership return to our club. Let’s support him now along with all the other staff at the club and look forward to a great future.
Who is on the wind up here? Ziz?

No reply from me because this is so far wide of the mark it doesn't deserve reply
IMO you should always give people respect for the position they hold, anything more has to be earned.
I will ask - exactly what has Lai's personal contribution been?
Firstly Jenkins and Dowling IMO deserve the credit, followed by Bilic and his crew.
I was a critic of Dowling but he has proven himself as a very good wheeler / dealer this season.
I'm interested to read other thoughts,
Mr Lai must feel 9ft tall with this post- shame he’s just 4ft 8.
Imo he knows sweet FA about how to run a football club so although he owns us the people who really deserve credit so far are are the management and the recruitment departments .i'm sure if things go tits up his name will appear on here more frequntly .
Well, playing devil's advocate, he followed JP's advice first. Appointing those two clowns to administer the club was a huge mistake yet endorsed by Peace. He backed Pulis in the window, probably not knowing we didn't actually require a squad full of deep midfielders on big wages. He clearly got taken in by TP's "never relegated" tag and stood by the decision of his suits to keep him on too long. When the seriousness of our situation, both on and off the field, became clear he went for Jenkins. He listened to Hammond's recommendation for the next manager. Then, Jenkins left the idiot in charge for way too long all to save a few quid on the pay off. Seems to me, Lai's problems have all come from the staff he delegated the job to. He certainly gave them the tools. Likewise last season's flop at the final furlong, Lai backed his manager in both windows and kept much of the squad.
Somehow, we appear to have turned a corner. Much as I'd prefer a local billionaire Baggie to buy us up, they aren't queuing up to do it. For me, the test for Lai is how much he backs Big Slav in January and what develops should that work well.
(10-17-2019, 06:48 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Well, playing devil's advocate, he followed JP's advice first. Appointing those two clowns to administer the club was a huge mistake yet endorsed by Peace. He backed Pulis in the window, probably not knowing we didn't actually require a squad full of deep midfielders on big wages. He clearly got taken in by TP's "never relegated" tag and stood by the decision of his suits to keep him on too long. When the seriousness of our situation, both on and off the field, became clear he went for Jenkins. He listened to Hammond's recommendation for the next manager. Then, Jenkins left the idiot in charge for way too long all to save a few quid on the pay off. Seems to me, Lai's problems have all come from the staff he delegated the job to. He certainly gave them the tools. Likewise last season's flop at the final furlong, Lai backed his manager in both windows and kept much of the squad.
Somehow, we appear to have turned a corner. Much as I'd prefer a local billionaire Baggie to buy us up, they aren't queuing up to do it. For me, the test for Lai is how much he backs Big Slav in January and what develops should that work well.

Lai's "backing" has been nothing / zilch / sweet FA to be exact. Or have I missing something  Huh
There always has to be someone to abuse and shout at. So much club shiteness has been proclaimed over the last few seasons by all and sundry it's difficult for them to admit it wasn't as doom and gloom as predicted. Lai is the panto villain. Let's hope he doesn't take offence and start selling players to recoup some of his investment. That's happened before at other clubs
(10-17-2019, 05:35 PM)thailandbaggie Wrote: At the end of last season our side looked tired and incapable of sustaining a promotion challenge this season. Then players left and we were slow to recruit a new manager and even later to sign quality players. Since then the club has been transformed and there is a now a real buzz about the place, a real enthusiastic manager and some great exciting players all blending together well, with the added bonus of being top of the championship over the international break. When things looked desperate with no visible action our owner, Mr Lai, got tremendous stick and abuse on here. Now times have changed so much I have not seen one thread praising Mr Lai. At the end of the day he is the owner and should receive substantial praise for where we are now. The Chinese are extremely enthusiastic football followers and I’m sure Mr Lai wants to see success and the premiership return to our club. Let’s support him now along with all the other staff at the club and look forward to a great future.

Evening Guochuan. 
(10-17-2019, 07:56 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: There always has to be someone to abuse and shout at. So much club shiteness has been proclaimed over the last few seasons by all and sundry it's difficult for them to admit it wasn't as doom and gloom as predicted. Lai is the panto villain. Let's hope he doesn't take offence and start selling players to recoup some of his investment. That's happened before at other clubs

If you go with the assumption that 95% of people know absolutely fugg all about running a football club and therefore ignore comments on that subject you won’t go too far wrong.