Extinction Idiots
The public haven't previously been able to do anything about the inconvenience they've been caused because Extinction Rebellion have always turned up in large numbers and had masses of police protecting them. 

Maybe they were in their own little bubble and misread what the public really think of their methods. Today, outnumbered and with little protection, maybe they discovered the truth.
Fully in agreement with ER.

They made a mistake yesterday evening. Nobody is bothered by being made late for work. But after a days work and trying to get home (and tube journeys are horrible) is a faux pas.
(10-17-2019, 10:57 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Fully in agreement with ER.

They made a mistake yesterday evening. Nobody is bothered by being made late for work. But after a days work and trying to get home (and tube journeys are horrible) is a faux pas.

It was this morning.

Are people really aware of what net nil carbon by 2025 requires? It would make a no deal brexit seem like a walk in the park. Destruction of industry everywhere, developing countries would be totally fucked, even the uk would require us all not to drive, barely any technology etc. I really think when push comes to shove very few people are really up for this, they just pay lip service to it. ER are taking the most extreme position on climate change, and claiming science backs them. Science backs man made climate change for sure, but not to the degree they claim. I’d encourage anyone to do their own research into roger Hallam and Gail bradbrook the founders of ER, and make their own mind up.

Here’s an interview with Hallam on bbc hard talk to start. And compared to Gail bradbrook, he’s the normal one!

https://youtu.be/9HyaxctatdA
People are bothered about being late for work, or at least normal people are.
(10-17-2019, 11:33 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Are people really aware of what net nil carbon by 2025 requires? It would make a no deal brexit seem like a walk in the park. Destruction of industry everywhere, developing countries would be totally fucked, even the uk would require us all not to drive, barely any technology etc. I really think when push comes to shove very few people are really up for this, they just pay lip service to it. ER are taking the most extreme position on climate change, and claiming science backs them. Science backs man made climate change for sure, but not to the degree they claim. I’d encourage anyone to do their own research into roger Hallam and Gail bradbrook the founders of ER, and make their own mind up.

Here’s an interview with Hallam on bbc hard talk to start. And compared to Gail bradbrook, he’s the normal one!

I'd pretty much agree with all of that. I didn't see the interview you'd linked to, but I've seen others with Roger Hallam and he's beyond reasoning with.

The big issue for me is worldwide population: as it grows so does everything else - consumption, pollution, depletion of resources. Any environmental impact we might make by individual or even collective actions isn't going to redress that balance. No reason not to do it, but it won't be the thing that saves the planet.

I'll carry on re-using and recycling, keep my phone, TV and computer until they'm bost, and my old Golf's done 165,000 miles. Not sure how much difference I'm making though.
I like them less than Fathers4Justice. At least those cunts had a sense of humour. This lot just want to wear protest like a badge.
(10-17-2019, 11:56 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 11:33 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Are people really aware of what net nil carbon by 2025 requires? It would make a no deal brexit seem like a walk in the park. Destruction of industry everywhere, developing countries would be totally fucked, even the uk would require us all not to drive, barely any technology etc. I really think when push comes to shove very few people are really up for this, they just pay lip service to it. ER are taking the most extreme position on climate change, and claiming science backs them. Science backs man made climate change for sure, but not to the degree they claim. I’d encourage anyone to do their own research into roger Hallam and Gail bradbrook the founders of ER, and make their own mind up.

I'd pretty much agree with all of that. I didn't see the interview you'd linked to, but I've seen others with Roger Hallam and he's beyond reasoning with.

The big issue for me is worldwide population: as it grows so does everything else - consumption, pollution, depletion of resources. Any environmental impact we might make by individual or even collective actions isn't going to redress that balance. No reason not to do it, but it won't be the thing that saves the planet.

I'll carry on re-using and recycling, keep my phone, TV and computer until they'm bost, and my old Golf's done 165,000 miles. Not sure how much difference I'm making though.

Yes you’re right he’s totally beyond reason. He insists within 10 years we’ll face mass starvation even in the uk. A very extreme position. And Gail bradbrook is quite happy to admit she’s smashed on psychedelic drugs most of the time that help her see the light! I agree, my Mazdas going strong at 198k miles and like most of us we’re sensible and don’t waste too much for the sake of it. I live in the city centre and can’t wait for elec cars to reduce the smog on the ring road.

But to be honest, a deeper look into ER and it seems like they’re raging anti capitalists duping people into thinking this is just about the climate. They don’t even try to hide it particularly. But whether that’s the route of it or not, net nil carbon by 2025 is ridiculous and extremely destructive.
I love all of the pensioners with the slogan 'I want to look my grandkids in the eye' - Too fucking late pops, maybe we should have taken the former China model of two kids max.

Anyway my take on it is that less people flying will bring down the price of flights and that will mean I can get over to the States more often on my hols. Win-Win
and as for the dipshits gluing themselves to low emission electric trains, you cor make it up can you.

maybe they should all go to mass polluting countries like China and protest there, the nice police out that way will no doubt show them how to live a zero carbon life by inviting them to stay in their jails!!!
They wont do it in china the tanks will just run over the silly fuckers