Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Albion Assembly minutes (Official Site)
(05-19-2017, 08:53 PM)Heath Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 04:18 PM)TheOddOne Wrote: Has anything groundbreaking come out of the work of Assembly yet? I mean apart from some railings being painted.

The gradual impact on the stadium, such as flags being allowed back in, may be relatively minor stuff but I am glad to see it happening. The Assembly may have a bit more purpose now that the days of Burns and Smithers are behind us. Their agenda was to keep everything very sanitised. At lease Williams, Goodman and so far Li seem to be a bit more in touch.

Perfectly summed up. It was known that Jenkins was dismissive of the Assembly. Never once showing his face. Goodman intends to come to every meeting. He is very receptive and is openly saying he wants to work with us.An example was the giant flag idea I put forward from someone off here. It's going to happen using the idea put forward of running a design comp. He just said...yep...lets do that. Another example of the Assembly ideas being listened to is the portable beer sellers in the Smethwick, something I have banged on about for 2 years. Now being done under new regime. There is some really good work going on with the local Sikh community driven by Gurdial via the Assembly. Opening doors and getting the local Sikh community involved in the club. Small things but that's what the Assembly is for.

What we need is more people to put forward their ideas to assembly members. We can then share them with club. It's a communicaction channel. Most of the things achieved have been issues affecting fans match day experience. Small things to some but big to others.

The one big failure for the Assembly this year has been not being consulted about season tickets for 17/18. I raised that with Goodman that we should have been involved and he agreed. We will be part of the Thought process for planning 18/19 in January.

You are always going to get cynics and dismissive views about the Assembly. Goes with territory. However, I have yet to see anyone say what they actually expect to see in terms of output. When people say nothing ground breaking is done, what does that mean? What are people wanting to see? Rather than be a cynic, tell me what you want to see who knows, the club now might listen to your idea.
Clearly worthwhile work, Rich. A club grows from the bottom up.
(05-20-2017, 10:04 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Clearly worthwhile work, Rich. A club grows from the bottom up.

Very true Chelsea are a great example... 

The Assembly is a good idea but let's not put too much pressure on an initiative that can only help in modest way.
(05-20-2017, 09:44 AM)richbaggie Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 04:18 PM)TheOddOne Wrote: Has anything groundbreaking come out of the work of Assembly yet? I mean apart from some railings being painted.

The gradual impact on the stadium, such as flags being allowed back in, may be relatively minor stuff but I am glad to see it happening. The Assembly may have a bit more purpose now that the days of Burns and Smithers are behind us. Their agenda was to keep everything very sanitised. At lease Williams, Goodman and so far Li seem to be a bit more in touch.

Perfectly summed up. It was known that Jenkins was dismissive of the Assembly. Never once showing his face. Goodman intends to come to every meeting. He is very receptive and is openly saying he wants to work with us.An example was the giant flag idea I put forward from someone off here. It's going to happen using the idea put forward of running a design comp. He just said...yep...lets do that. Another example of the Assembly ideas being listened to is the portable beer sellers in the Smethwick, something I have banged on about for 2 years. Now being done under new regime. There is some really good work going on with the local Sikh community driven by Gurdial via the Assembly. Opening doors and getting the local Sikh community involved in the club. Small things but that's what the Assembly is for.

What we need is more people to put forward their ideas to assembly members. We can then share them with club. It's a communicaction channel. Most of the things achieved have been issues affecting fans match day experience. Small things to some but big to others.

The one big failure for the Assembly this year has been not having had a part in any consolation about season tickets for 17/18. I raised that with Goodman that we should have been involved and he agreed. We will be part of the Thought process for planning 18/19 in January.

You are always going to get cynics and dismissive views about the Assembly. Goes with territory. However, I have yet to see anyone say what they actually expect to see in terms of output. When people say nothing ground breaking is done, what does that mean? What are people wanting to see? Rather than be a cynic, tell me what you want to see who knows, the club now might listen to your idea.

Great insight. I say ignore the people who criticise. Very easy to without offfering any solution/ideas
(05-20-2017, 10:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 10:04 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Clearly worthwhile work, Rich. A club grows from the bottom up.

Very true Chelsea are a great example... 

The Assembly is a good idea but let's not put too much pressure on an initiative that can only help in modest way.

Maybe I should have written true clubs and not plastic clubs.

The one big failure for the Assembly this year has been not having had a part in any consolation about season tickets for 17/18. I raised that with Goodman that we should have been involved and he agreed. We will be part of the Thought process for planning 18/19 in January.

The biggest cynic on here has recently flounced but all he ever did was drink coffee whilst watching streams in his faux leather slip ons.

Keep it going. Every little helps and the fact you can be bothered coming here explaining is further credit to you.

I'd love the club to protect our identity a bit more.. so

- have stripes on our back (if it's a league rule then let's argue against it or ignore it. Anything other than just accept it. They don't dictate the design on Liverpool & Man U shirts, so why ours!!)
- Play The Liquidator every game. If we don't then it becomes someone else's song. The comments that we played a 'Chelsea' song last week really pissed me off and hit home we are letting things slip through our fingers.

We are a proper historical club and we should celebrate it. I love Bomber's statue & the Astle gates & like the pictures in the Rainbow & the video pre-game. We could do more though.

Something from the motorway junction to the ground to let people know they are in Albion country would be great.  Middlesbrough had banners of ex players in the town on the street lights.

& bit of a weird personal one!! Call the stands Rainbow & Halfords, rather than East & West. Is just sounds generic and something that new grounds would have. Or name them after people from our history.

I know the above are small points, but things that are beginning to annoy me in my old age. Got to get out more ;-)

Pub time. Cheers.....