Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 Years ago today. Albion v Swansea Play Off SF
Albion 2 Swansea 0

The Hawthorns was shaking that night

What a night. Was in the old rainbow stand with my dad. A wonderful memory.

(05-19-2017, 03:38 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote: What a night. Was in the old rainbow stand with my dad. A wonderful memory.

24 years ago. Fucking hell...
(05-19-2017, 03:36 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Albion 2 Swansea 0

Jeez - 24 years!

In the Brummie - feet didn't touch the ground for the whole of the first half.

Stand was literally shaking with the boinging!

And the days of 2 substitutes

And Frank Burrows was their manager - who'd have thought that about 10 years later he'd come back with Megson
(05-19-2017, 04:09 PM)Glos_baggie Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 03:36 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Albion 2 Swansea 0

Jeez - 24 years!

In the Brummie - feet didn't touch the ground for the whole of the first half.

Stand was literally shaking with the boinging!

And the days of 2 substitutes

And Frank Burrows was their manager - who'd have thought that about 10 years later he'd come back with Megson

Very true Big Grin 

Des Lyttle the other link
Loved that night.

Whole season was a joy to follow home and away.
Best atmosphere at the Hawthorns I can remember.
(05-19-2017, 03:38 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote: What a night. Was in the old rainbow stand with my dad. A wonderful memory.

Likewise - with the old mon in the Rainbow. Great memories for many reasons. 
The Hawthorns was an unbelievable cauldron of noise and unbridled celebration that night. This clip should be forwarded to Sky so they can see what genuine passion means to footy fans. They could also hear a rendition of the Liquidator at its original home.
(05-19-2017, 07:31 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:

Likewise - with the old mon in the Rainbow. Great memories for many reasons. 
The Hawthorns was an unbelievable cauldron of noise and unbridled celebration that night. This clip should be forwarded to Sky so they can see what genuine passion means to footy fans. They could also hear a rendition of the Liquidator at its original home.

Probably the best atmosphere I've experienced at the Albion. Can't think of any better immediately. It was electric that night. Absolutely breathtaking.
Didnt go to game but listened on radio was a bloody expensive night as i broke the fuggin arm chair as i jumped up and down when hammy scorecd had to buy a new 3 piece missis gave me daggers lol
Was in the Smethwick that night.
It was an impressive sight seeing the whole of the Brummie bouncing up and down.