Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, for 8th place
(05-19-2017, 04:53 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: If we draw 0-0, and Southampton lose 1-2, we will have the exact same wins/draws/defeats and goal difference, along with same number scored and conceded.

I imagine we'd be put 8th on head to head, by virtue of the fact we scored the extra away goal.

I think the next step if points, goal difference and goals scored are equal is a play off at a neutral venue. It would be the least interesting play off of all time, but it's currently the approved way of deciding league positions when two or more sides are level.
(05-20-2017, 08:52 AM)ABBaggie Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 04:53 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: If we draw 0-0, and Southampton lose 1-2, we will have the exact same wins/draws/defeats and goal difference, along with same number scored and conceded.

I imagine we'd be put 8th on head to head, by virtue of the fact we scored the extra away goal.

I think the next step if points, goal difference and goals scored are equal is a play off at a neutral venue. It would be the least interesting play off of all time, but it's currently the approved way of deciding league positions when two or more sides are level.

I believe a play off is only necessary if there is anything reliant on position - relegation, champions - European place etc.  For anything else they would say joint position
Sun must align with Jupiter, and Sylvester Stallone will have to destroy that asteroid. Then 8th is ours to drool over.