Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicester losing
(05-19-2017, 08:41 AM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 08:19 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 10:38 PM)Duffmon Wrote: So this season has been a success then?

Yes and no amount of bleating from Shrek will make it otherwise.

Where am I bleating? It is a success by the only measure our club judges itself...

I've made my decision on what that means to me. Others can do whatever the fuck they like with that...

(05-19-2017, 08:34 AM)Baggie66 Wrote: For me Pulis came in during a time of turmoil and vulnerability for the club, IMO we would have gone down that season.
Moving on from that he had to contend with the left overs of some poor management and shocking recruitment that he inherited and an owner who was holding the purse strings very tightly due to the possible sale of the club, this lingered on for 2 years.
In spite of all that he has managed to offload the deadwood, go an entire season with one fit premier league striker and still deliver a top half finish.

The cups were a disappointment this season but that's football, his record in the cups is generally good.

For me that's a good job very well done, if people don't agree they don't have to go. Simple.

That is ok but ignores the fact that Pulis himself has had full control over transfers since he joined. We have a small squad and rely on a small group of players because that's how he wants it.

But yes. He's done his job well.

(05-19-2017, 08:01 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 10:38 PM)Duffmon Wrote: So this season has been a success then?

No, we haven't progressed. How on earth would 8th/9th or 10th be any better than 14th? It's a shambles, we should be in Champions League spaces.

Boring dinosaur football.

Big Grin

We got 43 points last season, 44 the season before, this season we'll end up on 45-48.

One or two results either way isn't huge progression is it? We are as far away from relegation and doing something truly exceptional as ever.

But carry on...

We have been an absolute mile better this season than last
(05-19-2017, 12:19 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:52 AM)ASOGF Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:03 AM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote: As I hear often...better than being Villa.

As often as you hear people say Pulis is working miracles?

About as often as you misrepresent me...  Heart Smile

Correct
(05-19-2017, 12:24 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: We have been an absolute mile better this season than last

As I said yesterday. We've reached higher peaks but we haven't had any more of those peaks than we had last season.

But we are only 2-5 points better at the end of it all.
(05-19-2017, 12:30 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 12:24 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: We have been an absolute mile better this season than last

As I said yesterday. We've reached higher peaks but we haven't had any more of those peaks than we had last season.

But we are only 2-5 points better at the end of it all.

Is everyone we are playing this season the same as last then? Same teams, squads, circumstances, injuries, managers, budgets? This is your weakest argument yet, I think the goalposts are now somewhere south of the equator.
(05-19-2017, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is everyone we are playing this season the same as last then? Same teams, squads, circumstances, injuries, managers, budgets? This is your weakest argument yet, I think the goalposts are now somewhere south of the equator.

#bollocksology
(05-19-2017, 12:56 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Is everyone we are playing this season the same as last then? Same teams, squads, circumstances, injuries, managers, budgets? This is your weakest argument yet, I think the goalposts are now somewhere south of the equator.

#bollocksology

Trying to equate two separate seasons, with different circumstances is well as you said bollocksology. 81pts Leicester had last season as champions, the second highest was Arsenal on 71. This season Chelsea have 90 and 5th place this season are Arsenal on 71pts. The top clubs have dominated the midtable clubs this season something they didn't do last. This is one forlorn, mouldy old stick you are trying to beat TP with.
(05-19-2017, 01:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

#bollocksology

Trying to equate two separate seasons, with different circumstances is well as you said bollocksology. 81pts Leicester had last season as champions, the second highest was Arsenal on 71. This season Chelsea have 90 and 5th place this season are Arsenal on 71pts. The top clubs have dominated the midtable clubs this season something they didn't do last. This is one forlorn, mouldy old stick you are trying to beat TP with.

I said the season had been a success by the only measure the club considers these days. Not beating with a stick, mouldy or not. Just questioning "progress"...

I can predict next season right now.
(05-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:

#bollocksology

I said the season had been a success by the only measure the club considers these days. Not beating with a stick, mouldy or not. Just questioning "progress"...

Reverse reverse reverse Wink
(05-19-2017, 01:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:

#bollocksology

Reverse reverse reverse Wink

I'm consistent. As are you...