Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrospective punishment for diving
McManaman has just retired.
Hazard may as well fuck off to spain or china now.
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
(05-19-2017, 12:35 PM)devonbaggie Wrote: I cant see this working. The first dubious case will be contested and could go legal. I doubt diving could be proved beyond doubt either way.

There are a few incidents where a player goes down when clearly not touched which could work but as you say how can you say whether contact was sufficient to cause a fall or not?

Eden Hazard was roundly criticised during our game but every slow motion replay showed he went down after getting touched. Not sure how a panel can make any judgement other than to uphold the on field decision in that case?

As ever it sounds good but we'll have to wait and see how effective it is.
It would make more sense to have a 2nd ref watching on a TV monitor who could call it at the time.
Wouldnt slow the game up as the ref would have already blown for the alleged foul anyway.
That way the cheating would not be beneficial to the cheat.
(05-19-2017, 01:03 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 12:35 PM)devonbaggie Wrote: I cant see this working. The first dubious case will be contested and could go legal. I doubt diving could be proved beyond doubt either way.

There are a few incidents where a player goes down when clearly not touched which could work but as you say how can you say whether contact was sufficient to cause a fall or not?

Eden Hazard was roundly criticised during our game but every slow motion replay showed he went down after getting touched. Not sure how a panel can make any judgement other than to uphold the on field decision in that case?

As ever it sounds good but we'll have to wait and see how effective it is.

It'll likely only be used for absolutely blatant cases, like that twat for Luton last night, and then scrapped after a year
They better extend MOTD so that the usual suspects can get the defence case aired well in advance
of the reviews on the Monday
We will never offload Mcmananamananm now