The Cowley Bros...
(10-09-2019, 12:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Just had a nose on the Hudds message board, they all seem to be bought into their methods and some already claiming they're better than Wagner!

Amazing how some people seem to be able to lift the whole mood around a club in a matter of weeks. Moore obviously gave the whole place a lift last year, but even that is nothing compared to what Slav seems to have brought.

Before Slav, who was the last manager you can remember causing such an immediate stir? Whilst Megson undoubtedly transformed the club, his arrival was decidedly muted.

Ye saying the Cowleys will get Hudds Town mooving?
(10-09-2019, 10:04 PM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 04:29 PM)col lard Wrote: The Crowleys are definitely a touch spooky.

Aleister and his cockney brother Gary?

Arf.
Their view and the way they talk about the game is very simplistic which seems to work very well. There's no real reason to overcomplicate things.

However I would imagine in a club with egos and divas they would command very little respect. They'll do well at Hudds though
And so the story goes they wore the clothes
They said the things to make it seem improbable
Whale of a lie like they hope it was

And the good men tomorrow had their feet in the wallow
And their heads of brawn were nicer shorn
And how they bought their positions with saccharin and trust
And the world was asleep to our latent fuss
Sighings swirl through the streets like the crust of the sun, the Cowley Brothers

In our wings that bark
Flashing teeth of brass
Standing tall in the dark
Oh, and we were gone
Hanging out with your dwarf men
We were so turned on
By your lack of conclusions

I was stone and he was wax so he could scream and still relax
Unbelievable
And we frightened the small children away
And our talk was old and dust would flow
Through our…
(10-10-2019, 12:28 PM)Sliced Wrote: Their view and the way they talk about the game is very simplistic which seems to work very well. There's no real reason to overcomplicate things.

However I would imagine in a club with egos and divas they would command very little respect. They'll do well at Hudds though

Agreed.

They're probably not the kind of people you want in charge if you're looking to modernise a club and build an infrastructure, but they definitely seem the type who will boost attendances and win games which is arguably what Hudds need at the moment.

The main reason we didn't proceed with them was that the club wants to see a return on the academy investment and is looking to continue to grow the training ground and "football department" under Dowling. The Cowleys wanted as much budget as possible invested into the first team.

Results at any cost is something all clubs need at some point, but there are times when the bigger picture needs to be considered.

I think they'd have been excellent for Stoke.