Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Brexiteers, Brexit Bus Terminus
Following on from JOK's thread and you all claim to know what you voted for I have a genuine question.

Where do you want us to end up at the end of the process?
Halesowen 1953

The bus must be capable of time travel so people can have their country back
Out of the single market and no continuing ECJ jurisdiction or EU legislative competence within the UK.
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Out of the single market and no continuing ECJ jurisdiction or EU legislative competence within the UK.

Do you want favourable access to the single market, if so how much are you are willing to pay for it?

I'm sure a man of your caliber realises how complicated the second part will be.
(05-18-2017, 09:30 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Out of the single market and no continuing ECJ jurisdiction or EU legislative competence within the UK.

Do you want favourable access to the single market, if so how much are you are willing to pay for it?

I'm sure a man of your caliber realises how complicated the second part will be.

I want the same access to the Single Market as South Korea or Canada. Neither have paid for it, nor have to accept FoM.
(05-18-2017, 12:32 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

I want the same access to the Single Market as South Korea or Canada. Neither have paid for it, nor have to accept FoM.

How long did it take for the French speaking cuddly Canucks to get it?
(05-18-2017, 01:03 PM)Zoltanger Wrote:

Decades because one of the EU lot didn't like the Maple leaf, another maple syrup and no one wants freedom
of movement for Justin Bieber
(05-18-2017, 01:03 PM)Zoltanger Wrote:

Well done. You've perfectly encapsulated why the EU is dysfunctional and we're better off out of it.

In the same period Australia has agreed FTAs with USA, China and other major economies. The EU still hasn't got an FTA with the US, which is amazing.
For us to have the same access to their markets as they do to ours. Obviously the lower the tariff the better for both parties but if they wish to put a 20% tariff on our £240 billion worth of goods then we reciprocate on their £302 Billion worth into the UK so be it. (2016 figures Full Fact)
I would hope that the negotiators and politicos on both sides would see sense though the rhetoric coming from over the channel, IF reported correctly, does seem to suggest that an element of vindictiveness is the order of their day. Akin to chopping our head off and putting it on a spike at Calais as a warning to others not to dare try and leave.
I can't believe, however, they would risk the £60 Billion per year trade surplus with us.
(05-18-2017, 03:10 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: For us to have the same access to their markets as they do to ours. Obviously the lower the tariff the better for both parties but if they wish to put a 20% tariff on our £240 billion worth of goods then we reciprocate on their £302 Billion worth into the UK so be it. (2016 figures Full Fact)
I would hope that the negotiators and politicos on both sides would see sense though the rhetoric coming from over the channel, IF reported correctly, does seem to suggest that an element of vindictiveness is the order of their day. Akin to chopping our head off and putting it on a spike at Calais as a warning to others not to dare try and leave.
I can't believe, however, they would risk the £60 Billion per year trade surplus with us.

There doesn't need to be much of a negotiation beyond "we'd like to trade with you on the same basis as before."

I'd genuinely love to hear a good reason why the response would be anything other than yes. The ONLY reasons would be political vindictiveness, which would confirm what a nasty unaccountable organisation the EU is. In almost a year no one has been able to explain another reason why an FTA couldn't be agreed in 5 minutes or less.