Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terry
Signing Terry would be wrong on three levels:

1 - he is a truly awful human being.
2 - he is quite clearly past it and will be a liability not an asset.
3 - it will seriously damage Pulis' credibility with the fan base - already threatened by the woeful run we are in.

If Terry is in, I'm out. superbobby can have this bored and the whole Hawthorns to himself until Terry and Pulis are gone. Let's hope it won't happen. eh?
Assuming medical and deals are acceptable, I'd take him. Did very well with Lescott under similar situation for a short term deal. Suspect he will be off to MLS though.

Despite his off field reputation, I don't really follow the soap opera of footballers off the pitch much, but he has been pretty quite recently hasn't he, other than his fake mom video? (Awaits boat load of scandalous links).

England's Brave John Terry (EBJT) can be ABJT. Or thinking about it Albions' Brave Ex Chelsea John Terry (ABJECT)...... I'm out!
The guy's a cu next tuesday of the highest order, but I reckon loads of players are. A lot from disjointed backgrounds and masses of money thrown at them from a time when most of us are on YTS's isn't going to make a rounded character.
If he sign's it won't change my view on Albion one bit. There's players we've had before I disliked and so long as he does a good job for us.He'll only be here a year or two at the most anyway.
What's that coming over your wife, is it John Terry, is it John Terry....?
(05-18-2017, 10:21 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Signing Terry would be wrong on three levels:

3 - it will seriously damage Pulis' credibility with the fan base - already threatened by the woeful run we are in.

If Terry is in, I'm out. superbobby can have this bored and the whole Hawthorns to himself until Terry and Pulis are gone. Let's hope it won't happen. eh?

People said the same about McClean.
(05-18-2017, 10:59 AM)superbobby Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 10:21 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Signing Terry would be wrong on three levels:

People said the same about McClean.

Different situation altogether Bobby. Objections to McClean based on his alleged political stance were expressed only by bigots and people happy to live in an unpleasant sectarian past. Objections based on his ability were/are fair enough - but he is in his prime. Terry is well past his.

Baracus says we did OK out of Lescott. I beg to differ. We never looked solid under Irvine and Pulis bombed Lescott out of the centre back position almost immediately. The best thing about the Lescott deal was that we sold him on to carefully chosen new owners and re-couped a decent fee. Crime of the century, that was.
(05-18-2017, 11:48 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Objections to McClean based on his alleged political stance were expressed only by bigots and people happy to live in an unpleasant sectarian past.

Really?! That's quite a generalisation.
Both McLean & Terry do a lot of work for Charideee....

Strange one Terry. Many incidents where he comes across as a cock. Others where he's come across very well.
The chase should be easier now his legs have gone
Can we sign Anton Ferdinand instead?