Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terry
150k on Chadli and Rondon a week, fuck sake.
(05-17-2017, 10:03 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Remember all those cunts on Friday? They worship John Terry.

I'd seriously reconsider renewing if we signed him.

You won't renew because Chelsea fans worship their talismanic leader?
(05-17-2017, 11:41 PM)superbobby Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 10:03 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Remember all those cunts on Friday? They worship John Terry.

I'd seriously reconsider renewing if we signed him.

You won't renew because Chelsea fans worship their talismanic leader?

I wouldn't renew because I couldn't bring myself to support John Terry. I don't want to see him stain our shirt.

Ignoring his character flaws for a second, can anyone honestly say that right now he is a better centre half than Evans, McAuley or Dawson? Judging by his performance on Monday I'd say not.

This has Rio at QPR written all over it.
On the bright side we can put a good side out for the veterans 5 a side
Signing Terry will certainly upset the apple cart. If bringing in Terry is purely to boost Far East profile, I'd rather they didn't.
(05-18-2017, 06:10 AM)Duffmon Wrote: I wouldn't renew because I couldn't bring myself to support John Terry. I don't want to see him stain our shirt.

Ignoring his character flaws for a second, can anyone honestly say that right now he is a better centre half than Evans, McAuley or Dawson? Judging by his performance on Monday I'd say not.

This has Rio at QPR written all over it.

Horses for courses Duffmon. Centre backs are not as exposed in a Pulis defence than they would be at other clubs. Jonny Evans looked suspect in his last season for Man United, but since joining us he's looked imperious.

QPR have been mental for years so I wouldn't use them as an example. They threw Ferdinand, Caulker and Dunne into a back 3 despite it suiting none of them!
(05-17-2017, 09:54 PM)CrossBar Wrote: Fucksake no , past it and has barely played this season.
Thought we were lowering the age , more bollocks from Pulis

Injury prone through age
Will not have as good players around him to cover his mistakes
Would prefer to play in Chelsea
Too expensive
FWIW I think Terry will be one of those terrible, former glory signings. It'll be another Andy Townsend and Rickie Lambert.

He's shot. If he still had anything to offer why didn't he play many more games for Chelsea?
(05-18-2017, 09:25 AM)Peachy Wrote: FWIW I think Terry will be one of those terrible, former glory signings. It'll be another Andy Townsend and Rickie Lambert.

He's shot. If he still had anything to offer why didn't he play many more games for Chelsea?

A back 3 needs the defenders to be more mobile. Hense it being a disaster for QPR when they experimented with it.
superbobby Wrote:
Peachy Wrote:FWIW I think Terry will be one of those terrible, former glory signings. It'll be another Andy Townsend and Rickie Lambert.

A back 3 needs the defenders to be more mobile. Hense it being a disaster for QPR when they experimented with it.

And when QPR switched to a back four Ferdinand barely played... because he was past it, same as Terry.

There is no good that can come from signing him.