Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop the bus I want to get off
(05-18-2017, 02:26 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 08:17 AM)Beano16 Wrote: Being brutally honest, isn't the reason that Scotland wants to remain or join the EU as an independent?
so they can get on the "bus" and benefit - along with Wales as well. I don't blame them by the way, it
has worked for most of the Eastern European countries so why not Scotland and Wales.    

I think most of us would like the EU to become simply a trading block or common market again, but
that is never going to happen, so the model we look set to leave, will continue down the road to greater
federalism for the conceivable future.

Yes, it is. Leanne Wood in particular speaks a lot about the funding Wales receives. Oblivious to the fact that we can fund Wales directly without the £10bn a year (or whatever it is) we give to the EU (after the rebate and EU money given back is accounted for).

No we can't - it's all going to the NHS remember.

Why do remainers think that what was clearly a suggestion of a better way to use some or all of the EU budget fee, by a cross-party coalition, not looking to form a prospective government created a moral obligation? Could you answer how, exactly, Vote Leave will be able to ensure this happens? Do you not think that such a group could not have offered any pledges or promises, so didn't?

Why do so many of them think that the statement "The Government will implement you decide," on a leaflet to every household doesn't create an obligation, and say that the referendum should be ignored? I have no idea if you fall into this category. But there's a few in Parliament, in the Labour Party, who do.
(05-18-2017, 04:59 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 02:26 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 08:17 AM)Beano16 Wrote: Being brutally honest, isn't the reason that Scotland wants to remain or join the EU as an independent?
so they can get on the "bus" and benefit - along with Wales as well. I don't blame them by the way, it
has worked for most of the Eastern European countries so why not Scotland and Wales.    

I think most of us would like the EU to become simply a trading block or common market again, but
that is never going to happen, so the model we look set to leave, will continue down the road to greater
federalism for the conceivable future.

Yes, it is. Leanne Wood in particular speaks a lot about the funding Wales receives. Oblivious to the fact that we can fund Wales directly without the £10bn a year (or whatever it is) we give to the EU (after the rebate and EU money given back is accounted for).

No we can't - it's all going to the NHS remember.

Why do remainers think that what was clearly a suggestion of a better way to use some or all of the EU budget fee, by a cross-party coalition, not looking to form a prospective government created a moral obligation? Could you answer how, exactly, Vote Leave will be able to ensure this happens? Do you not think that such a group could not have offered any pledges or promises, so didn't?

I know that and you know that but there were plenty of voters who clearly interpreted the statement "We send the EU £350 million a week, let's fund our NHS instead" as a promise. I regularly heard it said on debates on TV and radio and it will have swung some voters. All I'm saying is that quite a few of them could be disappointed in a few years time. There'll be a few disappointed farmers, Welsh and Cornish too, IMHO.
(05-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Donegal Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:55 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ah, so we pay in more than we get out. Your diminishing grey cells don't seem to know what sponging means.
Anyway, let's get back to how your ilk got all the benefits and are parasites on your children's future

To my knowledge, the worst thing I've ever said about a remainer is that they obviously see things differently to me. In return, as someone who voted to leave, I'm called racist, unintelligent, and now I find I'm a parasite who doesn't give a shit about my daughter's future. Yet people like me are the one's who're hate-filled apparently.

Alanis wouldn't know where to start with this shit.

It's a discussion that's gone on for ages and isn't to do with remoaners or Borexiters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...36027.html

As far as I can see, the post war kids had free higher level education, final salary pension schemes, houses at income/price ratios that could be afforded, could leave a job one day and start another the next, etc
Then they allowed (either deliberatly or through negligence) those things to be denied to their children

Corbyn is trying to do something about the education and houses issue, so that kids will have some hope. Yet the over 50s are the ones saying we can't afford it, it's communism etc. Well communism seemed to suit them very well back in the day
'could leave a job one day and start another the next'

If you think that since the 1950's through to the day of the referendum there was a plentiful supply of jobs for everyone and unemployment didn't exist you really are deluded.
(05-18-2017, 07:03 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Donegal Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:55 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ah, so we pay in more than we get out. Your diminishing grey cells don't seem to know what sponging means.
Anyway, let's get back to how your ilk got all the benefits and are parasites on your children's future

To my knowledge, the worst thing I've ever said about a remainer is that they obviously see things differently to me. In return, as someone who voted to leave, I'm called racist, unintelligent, and now I find I'm a parasite who doesn't give a shit about my daughter's future. Yet people like me are the one's who're hate-filled apparently.

Alanis wouldn't know where to start with this shit.

It's a discussion that's gone on for ages and isn't to do with remoaners or Borexiters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...36027.html

As far as I can see, the post war kids had free higher level education, final salary pension schemes, houses at income/price ratios that could be afforded, could leave a job one day and start another the next, etc
Then they allowed (either deliberatly or through negligence) those things to be denied to their children

Corbyn is trying to do something about the education and houses issue, so that kids will have some hope. Yet the over 50s are the ones saying we can't afford it, it's communism etc. Well communism seemed to suit them very well back in the day
'could leave a job one day and start another the next'

If you think that since the 1950's through to the day of the referendum there was a plentiful supply of jobs for everyone and unemployment didn't exist you really are deluded.

The percentage of school leavers going to University between 1960 and 1975 was just over 5% and the living grant was means tested so only the lowest earning families received full grant. Hardly free higher education for all. I was born and educated as factory fodder in a Secondary Modern, great opportunities I and the vast majority of my peers were gifted. I lived on a council estate of steel shelled houses with no wall insulation.
 Usually only Nationalized Industry, civil servants and local government workers were given final salary pensions. School leavers at 15 did not get an 'adult' wage until they were 21. Their pay raising in yearly increments until they reached majority age. Many of the jobs you could 'start the next day' were hard, grimy graft and with a 48 hour week to boot. women, on average, were paid around two thirds of a man for the same job. On the estate I grew up on there were very few people with cars not the road cramming pavement blocking three or four car families we have today. Yes , by gum,  we did have it grand. 

Oh, and bye the way, there were a hundred and fifty of us living int shoe box int middle of t'road.
(05-18-2017, 07:48 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: The percentage of school leavers going to University between 1960 and 1975 was just over 5% and the living grant was means tested so only the lowest earning families received full grant. Hardly free higher education for all. I was born and educated as factory fodder in a Secondary Modern, great opportunities I and the vast majority of my peers were gifted. I lived on a council estate of steel shelled houses with no wall insulation.
 Usually only Nationalized Industry, civil servants and local government workers were given final salary pensions. School leavers at 15 did not get an 'adult' wage until they were 21. Their pay raising in yearly increments until they reached majority age. Many of the jobs you could 'start the next day' were hard, grimy graft and with a 48 hour week to boot. women, on average, were paid around two thirds of a man for the same job. On the estate I grew up on there were very few people with cars not the road cramming pavement blocking three or four car families we have today. Yes , by gum,  we did have it grand. 

Oh, and bye the way, there were a hundred and fifty of us living int shoe box int middle of 
You'll get it all back soon. When Brexit kicks in The Black Country Museum will be rebranded as a futuristic theme park.