Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop the bus I want to get off
(05-17-2017, 11:55 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ah, so we pay in more than we get out. Your diminishing grey cells don't seem to know what sponging means.
Anyway, let's get back to how your ilk got all the benefits and are parasites on your children's future

To my knowledge, the worst thing I've ever said about a remainer is that they obviously see things differently to me. In return, as someone who voted to leave, I'm called racist, unintelligent, and now I find I'm a parasite who doesn't give a shit about my daughter's future. Yet people like me are the one's who're hate-filled apparently.

Alanis wouldn't know where to start with this shit.

It's a discussion that's gone on for ages and isn't to do with remoaners or Borexiters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...36027.html

As far as I can see, the post war kids had free higher level education, final salary pension schemes, houses at income/price ratios that could be afforded, could leave a job one day and start another the next, etc
Then they allowed (either deliberatly or through negligence) those things to be denied to their children

Corbyn is trying to do something about the education and houses issue, so that kids will have some hope. Yet the over 50s are the ones saying we can't afford it, it's communism etc. Well communism seemed to suit them very well back in the day
(05-18-2017, 06:41 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 04:20 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: So where's the bus stopping then?
At a request stop.

In the Alps? One of you buggers better crawl down the back to get the gold.

I'm starting a new thread.
Being brutally honest, isn't the reason that Scotland wants to remain or join the EU as an independent?
so they can get on the "bus" and benefit - along with Wales as well. I don't blame them by the way, it
has worked for most of the Eastern European countries so why not Scotland and Wales.    

I think most of us would like the EU to become simply a trading block or common market again, but
that is never going to happen, so the model we look set to leave, will continue down the road to greater
federalism for the conceivable future.
(05-18-2017, 08:17 AM)Beano16 Wrote: Being brutally honest, isn't the reason that Scotland wants to remain or join the EU as an independent?
so they can get on the "bus" and benefit - along with Wales as well. I don't blame them by the way, it
has worked for most of the Eastern European countries so why not Scotland and Wales.    

I think most of us would like the EU to become simply a trading block or common market again, but
that is never going to happen, so the model we look set to leave, will continue down the road to greater

Yes, it is. Leanne Wood in particular speaks a lot about the funding Wales receives. Oblivious to the fact that we can fund Wales directly without the £10bn a year (or whatever it is) we give to the EU (after the rebate and EU money given back is accounted for).
(05-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Donegal Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:55 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ah, so we pay in more than we get out. Your diminishing grey cells don't seem to know what sponging means.
Anyway, let's get back to how your ilk got all the benefits and are parasites on your children's future

To my knowledge, the worst thing I've ever said about a remainer is that they obviously see things differently to me. In return, as someone who voted to leave, I'm called racist, unintelligent, and now I find I'm a parasite who doesn't give a shit about my daughter's future. Yet people like me are the one's who're hate-filled apparently.

Alanis wouldn't know where to start with this shit.

It's a discussion that's gone on for ages and isn't to do with remoaners or Borexiters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...36027.html

As far as I can see, the post war kids had free higher level education, final salary pension schemes, houses at income/price ratios that could be afforded, could leave a job one day and start another the next, etc
Then they allowed (either deliberatly or through negligence) those things to be denied to their children

Corbyn is trying to do something about the education and houses issue, so that kids will have some hope. Yet the over 50s are the ones saying we can't afford it, it's communism etc. Well communism seemed to suit them very well back in the day

The point about free higher-level education is that 1) it's not free and 2) if your former incumbents decided that 50% of kids should go into higher education then it changes the game somewhat from a funding perspective. The current situation of people borrowing as an investment and not paying back if they don't earn enough is eminently sensible. The bigger issue is definitely with affordable housing and all sides are trying to put their case as to who will build the most and for whom and it's up to everyone to decide who they disbelieve least.
Yet all sides have done nothing about house building for the people for generations......I don't think that any of them are seriously interested. Maybe Corbyn is?
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 08:17 AM)Beano16 Wrote: Being brutally honest, isn't the reason that Scotland wants to remain or join the EU as an independent?

Yes, it is. Leanne Wood in particular speaks a lot about the funding Wales receives. Oblivious to the fact that we can fund Wales directly without the £10bn a year (or whatever it is) we give to the EU (after the rebate and EU money given back is accounted for).

No we can't - it's all going to the NHS remember.
(05-18-2017, 02:26 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 09:02 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

No we can't - it's all going to the NHS remember.

I was going to point that out.

Is it just me or are Brexiteers arguments becoming increasingly flimsy and repetitive? They should be getting stronger by now. I lay the blame at some of the intellectual heavyweights on their side. Shouldn't a backbencher like Jacob Rees-Mogg be giving us all proper guidance on how this can be done successfully? If they have done so I must have missed it.
If mogg is the answer heaven help us all
(05-18-2017, 03:11 PM)Donegal Wrote: If mogg is the answer heaven help us all

But he's got such a great mind. A lad I know talks some right bollocks on facebook about Brexit claiming it was effectively a vote for the emancipation of the working class. Not long ago someone suggested dear Jacob as next PM to see the Brexit job through. He endorsed this.

If I wasn't apolitical on that shite I'd of replied, "I can see into the future, here lies Jacob Rees-Mogg Prime Minister 2018-2030, Champion of the Working Class"