Pereira has apologised
To QPR fans for his cut throat celebration. On their OS
Hope that's the end of it. I doubt he would have known the significance of what he did at the time.
I don't think he needed to apologise but fair play.
That's modern day shite with social media. I doubt anyone would have noticed 15 years ago, but always someone looking to find something that can be misconstrued.
excuse my naivety, but what was the significance of it?
The stadium is named after a young man that was stabbed in the locality.
(10-08-2019, 04:24 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: The stadium is named after a young man that was stabbed in the locality.

Ex-QPR youth player who got stabbed trying to stop some kids bullying another kid.

Obviously very sore to QPR fans as they actively decided to nominate his charity to represent Loftus Road.
Just read the statement on the QPR OS, fair enough, we/Pereria didn't have to, but to alleviate any malice or unwill then I suppose it is better to. The statement is apologetic and positive, we move on, end of ay it.
(10-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: That's modern day shite with social media. I doubt anyone would have noticed 15 years ago, but always someone looking to find something that can be misconstrued.

Didn't we get shit on by Man United fans for doing yambusters in response to a group of Man United fans shouting yam yam at us at Old Trafford 15 years ago?
(10-08-2019, 04:52 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: That's modern day shite with social media. I doubt anyone would have noticed 15 years ago, but always someone looking to find something that can be misconstrued.

Didn't we get shit on by Man United fans for doing yambusters in response to a group of Man United fans shouting yam yam at us at Old Trafford 15 years ago?
Yes we did. Understandably. Because a large number of Albion fans were doing it to wind up the Man U fans re Munich.
They knew exactly what they were doing.