Post game onions
i thought I’d calm down a touch before posting as didn’t want to let emotion override reality. As it happens, I feel the same now as when I left the ground.

Under Bilic, we are an absolute joy to watch. It makes me purr how we approach a game and try to break teams down.

Pereira is fucking unbelievable. Up there with Maresca, Koumas and Odemwingie.

Diangana is fucking unbelievable. See above.

I adore the way Sawyers plays the game. He looks like he’d be an absolute joy to play alongside.

Jake Livermore. Covered every blade of grass. Again.

Austin. Thought he was so unlucky in the first half, so pleased for him that he got his goal. Hope it’s the first of many now.

The team has such balance and panache. I’m absolutely buzzing for this season. COYB
Lovely synopsis.
I took my lad and he is on cloud 9.
To get one player like Pereira is a blessing, we have 2 with Diangana.
It’s like the perfect storm for us and it’s all falling into place.
I think that’s the best game I’ve been to for several years.
I genuinely can’t see us slipping up more than a handful of times.
I got goosebumps tday.. Been a while. Yes its early days, yes we will have some dodgy results phaps... Yes i panicked a bit tday.. But blimey, such a thrill to watch after some real dull stuff over the last few yrs. I'm lovin it, whatever.
(10-05-2019, 08:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Lovely synopsis.
I took my lad and he is on cloud 9.
To get one player like Pereira is a blessing, we have 2 with Diangana.
It’s like the perfect storm for us and it’s all falling into place.
I think that’s the best game I’ve been to for several years.
I genuinely can’t see us slipping up more than a handful of times.

And don't forget Willock who is another gem.
Chris Willock will prove to be another good long term signing. His only issue is he’s in competition for a role behind the central forward. Seen people on Twitter say why isn’t he played up front. He isn’t a striker. He can play on the wing or as a No. 10
What type of sandwiches were served?
Great, after the last couple of years, that the team is developing again. It gives hope that, should we win promotion, we can do a better job of it than under the end of the Pulis reGimÉ.
(10-06-2019, 12:12 AM)scorey1witt Wrote: What type of sandwiches were served?

Welsh Rareshit
(10-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Chris Willock will prove to be another good long term signing. His only issue is he’s in competition for a role behind the central forward. Seen people on Twitter say why isn’t he played up front. He isn’t a striker. He can play on the wing or as a No. 10

Interesting Slav that he's so good yet not even made the bench. Including the Cup game.

I can't see him wanting to stay with us given the zero minutes.

How's he played in the stiffs? Scored or assists?
(10-06-2019, 07:35 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Chris Willock will prove to be another good long term signing. His only issue is he’s in competition for a role behind the central forward. Seen people on Twitter say why isn’t he played up front. He isn’t a striker. He can play on the wing or as a No. 10

Interesting Slav that he's so good yet not even made the bench. Including the Cup game.

I can't see him wanting to stay with us given the zero minutes.

How's he played in the stiffs? Scored or assists?

I’m judging more from what I’ve seen through the England youth squads and at Arsenal. He’s done OK for the U23’s. Scored 4 goals and an assist. He’s played the “Phillips role”, “Pereria role” and “Diangana role”.

He was actually very highly rated at Arsenal. It was his impatience that saw him move to Portugal. He actually featured 64 times for Benfica B. He’s a much different player to Joe Willock (his brother at Arsenal). Chris has generally played as a right sided winger.  As for not being utilised as much, maybe his overall fitness levels (due to playing predominately for Benfica B isn’t at the required standard for Slav?

We also forget we can only choose 18 players per match squad. With all the changes in football, I think England should do what they do in Italy with regards number of subs you can have on the bench.

I think the main issue with Willock is the players he is in competition with. It’s the area of field with the highest amount of quality IMO. He’s effectively in competition with Phillips, Pereria, Diangana, Edwards and Krov.

For me we need to be careful with the volume of minutes we give Phillips. I’d rotate Phillips and Willock personally.
My belief is he was a “Club signing”, that Bilic was happy with, pushed through for a loan as we never had enough time to complete the paperwork.

It’s a long season, likes of Harper and Willock will have a chance to shine.