(05-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 08:46 PM)Heath Wrote: 1.04? You got any more value lumps  Big Grin

1.09 on Smarkets
Laying Corbyn as next PM is like printing money
I'd say it's the right price.

(05-21-2017, 08:39 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 08:46 PM)Heath Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 11:09 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:58 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Tell me about it, I'm still kicking myself for not backing her as next PM.

Did you lay Marine Le Pen like I suggested?

This time round I'm going "No Seats for UKIP" and laying Steptoe, obviously.
1.04? You got any more value lumps  Big Grin

(05-19-2017, 08:22 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 08:47 PM)Arti Wrote: Theresa May campaigned strenuously to Remain just last year.  Look at her now.  I call her judgement in to question.  Recent enough?

It's irrelevant as to her character. She felt we should remain but she believes the result should be implemented, as we were promised. 

It doesn't mean any more that that. Not really anywhere near the same moral level as what Corbyn's done.

She also didn't campaign strenuously, so that's more BS. She appeared with a 'Stronger In' sign on a few occasions.

As for Corbyn's character, do a Google for Ruth Dudley-Edwards's Belfast Times article on him. And you are STILL voting for him.
"sometimes alongside his comrade the Marxist Leninist Trotskyite John McDonnell"

Arf.

You gonna cite The Beano as your next source MDP? 

Even by your usual standards, that one is a bit beyond junk.

The last resort of the defeated, attack the writer, not the writing. RDE is a respected, Cambridge-educated journalist. Tackle her arguments as 'Arf' doesn't really cut it as a refutation. Nor does merely calling it 'junk'. To attempt to do so, so weakly, perhaps speaks volumes about whether or not you are able to in the face of overwhelming evidence to support RDE's arguments.

More and more comes out every few days about Corbyn and the IRA. 

McDonnell himself as said he is a Marxist and has spoken in praise of Lenin & Trotsky as his biggest influences. Don't be an ignoramus. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/...ences-2006

Ironic that you mention comics, and what IS with 'Arf'? Are you a child of the 1960s, copying Colonel Blink out of the Beezer?

Even judging by your usual standards, this is junk. 

This has resurfaced the past few days: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...42683.html

Why couldn't he just answer yes or no?

This has also been doing the rounds on Facebook:

"The editorial board of a hard-Left magazine, of which Mr Corbyn was a member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing. In its article on the IRA attack, which almost wiped out Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet, the editorial board of London Labour Briefing said the atrocity showed that “the British only sit up and take notice [of Ireland] when they are bombed into it.”
According to an authoritative parliamentary reference work, Mr Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board. He wrote the front-page story in the same issue of Briefing.
The same edition of Briefing, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”
It mocked Norman, now Lord, Tebbit, the trade secretary who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...links.html

Pretty contemptible stuff, no?

And, now, we have this from Diane Abbott: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/elect...-rp79dvvmk

This woman wants to be our Home Secretary. Just what are their views about the State, now? Have they evolved, at all? How far?

And people like you will STILL vote for them, despite all this, despite the fact that the West Brom constutiencies and Sandwell borough never get any better and are still some of the poorest in the country, just as they were when Labour was in power.

You keep voting for more of the same.

You still haven't answered: which way did you vote in the referendum? Did you, as I suggested, vote Remain but now too embarrassed to admit it, because it makes you look stupid when you threw a tantrum when I made that assumption?

Please have the fortitude to answer.

And back to the original topic: Long-Bailey is hopeless. The Labour front bench must be the thickest in history. Long-Bailey, Rayner, Corbyn. Not a brain between them.
Corbyn has repeatedly said he condemns all bombing. Doesnt matter how many google links you dig out to support your one eyed views, thats a simple statement that i would imagine you can grasp.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you wail like a baby when people say things about you that are unsubstantiated but feel happy to do the same. But i suspect it would involve a moment of self-reflection.

I admire Corbyn for being ahead of his time in recognising that talking was the solution. I also don't see global politics through the eyes of my national flag - I see it for what it is, multi-dimensional and with truth on all sides. When you enter adulthood, you may do the same.

(05-21-2017, 08:39 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 08:46 PM)Heath Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 11:09 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:58 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Tell me about it, I'm still kicking myself for not backing her as next PM.

Did you lay Marine Le Pen like I suggested?

This time round I'm going "No Seats for UKIP" and laying Steptoe, obviously.
1.04? You got any more value lumps  Big Grin

(05-19-2017, 08:22 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 08:47 PM)Arti Wrote: Theresa May campaigned strenuously to Remain just last year.  Look at her now.  I call her judgement in to question.  Recent enough?

It's irrelevant as to her character. She felt we should remain but she believes the result should be implemented, as we were promised. 

It doesn't mean any more that that. Not really anywhere near the same moral level as what Corbyn's done.

She also didn't campaign strenuously, so that's more BS. She appeared with a 'Stronger In' sign on a few occasions.

As for Corbyn's character, do a Google for Ruth Dudley-Edwards's Belfast Times article on him. And you are STILL voting for him.
"sometimes alongside his comrade the Marxist Leninist Trotskyite John McDonnell"

Arf.

You gonna cite The Beano as your next source MDP? 

Even by your usual standards, that one is a bit beyond junk.

The last resort of the defeated, attack the writer, not the writing. RDE is a respected, Cambridge-educated journalist. Tackle her arguments as 'Arf' doesn't really cut it as a refutation. Nor does merely calling it 'junk'. To attempt to do so, so weakly, perhaps speaks volumes about whether or not you are able to in the face of overwhelming evidence to support RDE's arguments.

More and more comes out every few days about Corbyn and the IRA. 

McDonnell himself as said he is a Marxist and has spoken in praise of Lenin & Trotsky as his biggest influences. Don't be an ignoramus. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/...ences-2006

Ironic that you mention comics, and what IS with 'Arf'? Are you a child of the 1960s, copying Colonel Blink out of the Beezer?

Even judging by your usual standards, this is junk. 

This has resurfaced the past few days: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...42683.html

Why couldn't he just answer yes or no?

This has also been doing the rounds on Facebook:

"The editorial board of a hard-Left magazine, of which Mr Corbyn was a member, wrote an article praising the Brighton bombing. In its article on the IRA attack, which almost wiped out Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet, the editorial board of London Labour Briefing said the atrocity showed that “the British only sit up and take notice [of Ireland] when they are bombed into it.”
According to an authoritative parliamentary reference work, Mr Corbyn was general secretary of the editorial board. He wrote the front-page story in the same issue of Briefing.
The same edition of Briefing, for December 1984, carried a reader’s letter praising the “audacity” of the IRA attack and stating: “What do you call four dead Tories? A start.”
It mocked Norman, now Lord, Tebbit, the trade secretary who was dug out of the rubble of the Grand Hotel, saying: “Try riding your bike now, Norman.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...links.html

Pretty contemptible stuff, no?

And, now, we have this from Diane Abbott: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/elect...-rp79dvvmk

This woman wants to be our Home Secretary. Just what are their views about the State, now? Have they evolved, at all? How far?

And people like you will STILL vote for them, despite all this, despite the fact that the West Brom constutiencies and Sandwell borough never get any better and are still some of the poorest in the country, just as they were when Labour was in power.

You keep voting for more of the same.

You still haven't answered: which way did you vote in the referendum? Did you, as I suggested, vote Remain but now too embarrassed to admit it, because it makes you look stupid when you threw a tantrum when I made that assumption?

Please have the fortitude to answer.

And back to the original topic: Long-Bailey is hopeless. The Labour front bench must be the thickest in history. Long-Bailey, Rayner, Corbyn. Not a brain between them.
Corbyn has repeatedly said he condemns all bombing. Doesnt matter how many google links you dig out to support your one eyed views, thats an simple statement that i would imagine you can grasp.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you wail like a baby when people say things about you that are unsubstantiated but feel happy to do the same. But i suspect it would involve a moment of self-reflection.

I admire Corbyn for being ahead of his time in recognising that talking was the solution. I also don't see global politics through the eyes of my national flag - I see it for what it is, multi-dimensional and with truth on all sides. When you enter adulthood, you may do the same.

More lies from you? Or are you just gullible?

Corbyn has NOT repeatedly said he condemns all bombing. That was his get-out today with Sophy Ridge when she pressed him to condemn the IRA bombings.

He has never said, "I condemn the IRA for their actions." He has often used the question to attack the British army, explicitly. He always has to bring in the British Army and/or Loyalists. Never an unequivocal condemnation. And he loses his temper when asked because he knows how it makes him look. 

Do you ask why any of this is? probably not. 

Can you tell me what I have that is unsubstantiated, when I have sources for everything I have claimed? Here's how the word is defined: 
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/unsubstantiated

Corbyn wasn't ahead of his time in talking with the IRA. He didn't do that for peace.

He honoured them, mate, during the time when they were bombing and shooting UK military and civilians.

That is a bit different to being an emissary of peace. Can you not see this? Do you HONESTLY believe he was motivated by peace or is it just more mealy-mouthed lies? Are you lying to yourself about it? What does your heart say about his actions at the time? Forget your attempts at explanation for political expediency.

Will you please answer the following questions? I know you can't answer for Corbyn or anyone else, but I want to know what YOU think. After all, we all speculate on the motives of other people all the time. 

1. If he was motivated by peace then why didn't he have Loyalist bombers as guests? Surely a peacemaker would speak to both paramilitary sides in the conflict, as well as the relevant Government minister. So why didn't he?

2. Maybe you could explain why his own leader saw it as a disgusting action? https://twitter.com/Stratford1940/status...0556148738

3. Why did he never stand to honour  dead loyalist terrorists as well, if his aims were conciliatory and motivated by the desire for peace?

4. Why did he protest to the point of being arrested against a criminal trial for the Brighton bomb murderers, arguing it was a 'show trial'? The accused later admitted guilt, incidentally, so it wasn't a show trial.

5. Why did he single the IRA out like this as guests, for honouring and for capaigning with but he can't
single them out for condemntation even when invited to?

Why won't you answer the question as to which way you voted in the referendum? How many times have you evaded the question, now, Jeremy?

Arf, indeed.

(05-21-2017, 01:29 PM)Montserratbaggie Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:39 AM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: More and more comes out every few days about Corbyn and the IRA. 

Funny how the Tories keep banging on about Corbyn and the IRA. It was Thatcher, Major and Blair who negotiated with the IRA
and did a deal with them.

Then you have this Tory - IRA councillor welcomed back to Tory bosom -

"In a dramatic u-turn, Maria Gatland has been accepted back into the Conservatives.

The Croham ward councillor had been suspended by the Tory party following revelations she was a member of the provisional IRA in the 1970s."

FFS. Speaking to terrorists to try to reach peace is different from all the things I mention in my message to Heath, which Corbyn did. Again, you you HONESTLY think the actions are comparable? Are you lying to yourself, as well? Or are you not bothered and just seeking to cover for St Jeremy of Islington?

Oh, and Maria Gatland left the IRA after a civilian atrocity and renounced violence.  Corbyn was honouring them, protesting for them, etc, as they continued with it. 

And Maria Gatland is an insignficant figure in the Tories. Not the leader, seeking to  be PM.

See the difference?
[Image: DAYmVMnW0AAQ6VA.jpg]
(05-22-2017, 12:19 PM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: [Image: DAYmVMnW0AAQ6VA.jpg]

As I said: a non-entity, who left the IRA in 1972. Not a party leader who chummed-up to them as they were murdering UK citizens. Someone who wants to be our PM. Someone who halfwits WANT to be our PM. Even heath only sees Corbyn as less worse than the Tories, he's no supporter of St Jeremy of Islington.

Oh, look, here's what Abbot said, as well: https://andrewgilliganblog.wordpress.com...-document/ 

Thank-you, Shadow Home Secretary.