Happy Birthday Bomber
(10-04-2019, 12:42 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 11:05 AM)ExAmsterdamBaggie Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 09:07 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 11:10 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Among the great memories of seeing him play, three stand out, the first two are obvious, his winner at Oldham and his goal v Valencia but the third was away at Forest when as a 14 year old, I stood and watched him terrify the Forest defense, scoring four.

We must be around the same age as I was at the forest game also about 14

I am honoured to share the same Birthday as Bomber Brown and also Neil Clements

I was there too and if memory serves me correct he got a hat-trick against Notts County the next weekend in the cup

The County game was the weekend before.
Wrong way round then but thought they were consecutive weeks. Wonder how many players have scored hat-tricks in consecutive games at Pro level in England!?
Jeff was another who did - against Manchester United (in a 6-2 win) and West Ham a few days later.

I was there for both; the one against the 'ammers included probably the best headed goal I've ever seen
Absolutely love this:

Remember him missing one when it hit the bar, it was still shaking 5 minutes later! I cannot remember too many rebounds on penalties because he hit is so hard the rebound would be nearer the half way line. His technique, hit it as hard as you can, seems to have gone out of fashion

Did he also not end up in goal once, when our keeper (probably John Osborne) got injured or is my memory playing tricks?
I'm pretty sure Johnny Kaye had to do a stint in goal once; don't recall Bomber doing it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.