Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian McEwan has a Brexit solution
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...re_iOSApp_

A gang of angry old men, irritable even in their victory

Arf
What a cunt
You can bet if a leave supporter would have compared t'other side to Nazi Germany it would have been splashed all over the TV news. 

I know it is only a limited report but it doesn't exactly sound like a 'balanced' debate or the report doesn't give a balanced account.
And remainers say they are motivated by love, and that it's the Brexiteers who have hatred. All the heart EU flags look a bit lame, really, as the vitriol does seem to be worse from the remain side.

Far from the older generations robbing the younger generations' futures, they helped to build the country we now have which affords the millennial, selfish generation the opportunities they currently have.

It's a pretty scummy article, to be honest. But no doubt the remainers, all those loving people, will be lapping it up.
I've been canvassing on the Brickhouse today. I dare Ian, Gina & Bob to go up there and spread their Remainer love.
(05-13-2017, 05:36 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I've been canvassing on the Brickhouse today. I dare Ian, Gina & Bob to go up there and spread their Remainer love.

Isn't it lovely, three millionaires to different degrees, telling many working class people they are old, wrong and stupid? 

Apparently, Gina Miller has also claimed that Fidel Castro was a family friend and an inspiration.
(05-13-2017, 05:36 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I've been canvassing on the Brickhouse today. I dare Ian, Gina & Bob to go up there and spread their Remainer love.

Did you regale them with tales of being a veteran of the PKK strikes for added doorstep value?
" How can it be that in a one-off vote, a third of the electorate have determined the fate of the nation "

He's completely ignoring the fact that he wants the views of LESS than a third of the electorate to be imposed on the nation.
From the time the vote came in, I've never heard such a level of disrespect for older people as I've heard from remain voters, and it largely goes unchallenged. 

So, just waiting for a couple of million of the fuckers to croak it are we? And in the meantime, leave voters are called thick, unintelligent, hate filled and racist. And the people making these comments somehow think they have the moral high ground. It's bizarre.

(05-13-2017, 08:24 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: " How can it be that in a one-off vote, a third of the electorate have determined the fate of the nation "

He's completely ignoring the fact that he wants the views of LESS than a third of the electorate to be imposed on the nation.

This is yet another idiotic remain argument: "BUT ONLY 38% [or whatever it was] OF THE ELECTORATE VOTED TO REMAIN!!"

Yes, but an even lower percentage voted to remain and the idea of elections is to count votes, not question the result's validity because a given number of people didn't vote. Or to assume that the people who didn't vote agree with you, which is what a lot of remainers do. 

Even worse are the remainers who argue that only about 25% of the population voted to leave. The views of u18s and others not eligible to vote  in national elections are not considered, so adding them to the figure for the people who didn't vote to leave is pathetic.

(05-13-2017, 08:54 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: From the time the vote came in, I've never heard such a level of disrespect for older people as I've heard from remain voters, and it largely goes unchallenged. 

So, just waiting for a couple of million of the fuckers to croak it are we? And in the meantime, leave voters are called thick, unintelligent, hate filled and racist. And the people making these comments somehow think they have the moral high ground. It's bizarre.

Yes, I agree. They are the moral ones, the ones showing 'love', etc.