Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Erdington
No Kipper standing apparently. Bobby Alden could sweep away Parachute Jack Dromey's majority. That'd be nice.
(05-10-2017, 11:23 AM)Protheroe Wrote: No Kipper standing apparently. Bobby Alden could sweep away Parachute Jack Dromey's majority. That'd be nice.

Sounds like a middleweight bout from 1956.
If only someone else hadn't already copyrighted the phrase, this seems like a genuine coalition of chaos.

Two observations

You are right this is the kind of seat that will fall to the Conservatives given the current state of the polls.

But I do wonder what the KIpper wing of the Conservative Party will think, when May uses the massive majority, that they gave her, to sell them out at the conclusion of the Brexit negotiations with the EU.
(05-12-2017, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If only someone else hadn't already copyrighted the phrase, this seems like a genuine coalition of chaos.

Two observations

You are right this is the kind of seat that will fall to the Conservatives given the current state of the polls.

But I do wonder what the KIpper wing of the Conservative Party will think, when May uses the massive majority, that they gave her, to sell them out at the conclusion of the Brexit negotiations with the EU.

Farage will be talking of civil unrest again. I still think the kippers will end up being the biggest losers in this.
(05-12-2017, 10:58 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If only someone else hadn't already copyrighted the phrase, this seems like a genuine coalition of chaos.

Two observations

Farage will be talking of civil unrest again. I still think the kippers will end up being the biggest losers in this.

They will. But at least they are standing-down in many seats. 

What evidence is there for May not leaving the single market? She repeats again and again that we are. Yes, politicians change their mind. But like I ask, where is the evidence on this?

It doesn't exist.

However, it would be delightful if Jack Dromey lost.
(05-12-2017, 04:18 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

Two observations

What evidence is there for May not leaving the single market? She repeats again and again that we are. Yes, politicians change their mind. But like I ask, where is the evidence on this?

It doesn't exist.

There is no evidence for this, but only a month ago there was no evidence that May was going to go back on her determination not to hold an election.

I believe that at the end of the day May is an opportunistic pragmatist, and if she gets a deal which she feels is in the best interest of the country and/or her premiership, she will take it, even if it means upsetting some of the diehard Brexiteers. A huge majority will allow her to do this, she would no longer be vulnerable to a rebellion by hard line brexit conservatives. I wouldn't be surprised if a compromise she would accept is an extension to freedom of movement, beyond leaving the EU . Let's face it everyone with a bit of common sense knows that the Conservatives have no intention to honouring their commitment to cutting net migration to the tens of thousands.
(05-12-2017, 06:15 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:18 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

Two observations

It doesn't exist.

There is no evidence for this, but only a month ago there was no evidence that May was going to go back on her determination not to hold an election.

I believe that at the end of the day May is an opportunistic pragmatist, and if she gets a deal which she feels is in the best interest of the country and/or her premiership, she will take it, even if it means upsetting some of the diehard Brexiteers. A huge majority will allow her to do this, she would no longer be vulnerable to a rebellion by hard line brexit conservatives. I wouldn't be surprised if a compromise she would accept is an extension to freedom of movement, beyond leaving the EU . Let's face it everyone with a bit of common sense knows that the Conservatives have no intention to honouring their commitment to cutting net migration to the tens of thousands.

I would be very, very surprised if she decided to keep us in the single market.

As for that immigration pledge, I don't know why they make it.

(05-10-2017, 11:23 AM)Protheroe Wrote: No Kipper standing apparently. Bobby Alden could sweep away Parachute Jack Dromey's majority. That'd be nice.

Labour increased their majority by 2000 even tho Jack is a right wing blairite shit
(06-11-2017, 08:09 PM)Great Bridge Wrote:

Labour increased their majority by 2000 even tho Jack is a right wing blairite shit

The power of Proth's predictions takes my breath away!  Big Grin