Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops
(05-12-2017, 11:45 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:31 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 10:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: No as you well know I was describing the current trend, to denounce people as enemies of the people and to call for the crushing of traitors - a phrase that was first used by Lenin.

Those of us who have perfectly valid reasons for wanting the leave the EU & want to fundamentally reform public services in the public interest have suffered this for over 40 years.

You seriously suggesting that if Spandau does some media research he'll find any references to "people like you" being referred to as "enemies of the people" and traitors?

Being labelled a fascist (which as an extreme liberal I find rather hard to take) for wanting to leave the statist construct of the EU political bloc is equivalent in my mind friends. The derision that has been heaped on those of us who have stood, deliberately, outside the "common purpose" world has endured for far longer and is far more deeply ingrained in the Establishment than any of this short-lived froth about Remainers.
(05-12-2017, 10:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: No as you well know I was describing the current trend, to denounce people as enemies of the people and to call for the crushing of traitors - a phrase that was first used by Lenin.

Those of us who have perfectly valid reasons for wanting the leave the EU & want to fundamentally reform public services in the public interest have suffered this for over 40 years.

You seriously suggesting that if Spandau does some media research he'll find any references to "people like you" being referred to as "enemies of the people" and traitors?
Maybe not but he'd find "poorly educated"
(05-13-2017, 05:46 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Being labelled a fascist (which as an extreme liberal I find rather hard to take) for wanting to leave the statist construct of the EU political bloc is equivalent in my mind friends. The derision that has been heaped on those of us who have stood, deliberately, outside the "common purpose" world has endured for far longer and is far more deeply ingrained in the Establishment than any of this short-lived froth about Remainers.

I can't recall eurosceptics/phobes being labelled as 'fascists' in the press. On a personal level I'm sure it's  been thrown at you as some numpties use it like confetti and show no respect for those who fought against the real shit.