Black players
Did we have 10 black players on the pitch today?
Yes but we sacked Big Dave so we're still a racist club.

Adrian Durham what are your thoughts on this deplorable situation?
It never crossed my mind. Nor should it.
Dindn't realise at first ...but it is a thing. As people looking in it will of course cross our minds impossible not to, people cant help but notice someones race in people they are not close to . As fans i'm sure you agree that to most of us its not an issue* To The group i'm not sure it will matter, as belonging to the team will matter more.

* this is sadly not universal..i have heard unpleasant things mentioned and clear indications of predudice at the albion ( amoung fans, it’s clear that the club is meritocracy)

Edit posted when hammered not really sure what I was trying to say.
(09-28-2019, 08:58 PM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: Dindn't realise at first ...but it is a thing. As people looking in  it will of course cross our minds  impossible not to, people cant help but notice someones race in people they are not close to .  As fans i'm sure you agree that to most of us its not an issue*  To The group i'm not sure it will matter, as belonging to the team will matter more.

* this is sadly not universal..i have heard unpleasant things mentioned and clear indications of predudice at the albion.
Sorry, this is a statement that needs clarification.
In a dark time where intolerance is on the rise we should be glad that Albion do stuff on ability.
We have a good squad, full of young talent who look like they want to play for their manager, and us fans. 

That's the only relevance. Anything else is irrelevant, and it's a nonsense to try and make anything else relevant.
Clarnet v2.0
Wherever you go in life there are issues. This is on the BBC today and what can be done? This guy would rather be a 6ft black man earning thousands per week I guess https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.c...s-49567527
(09-28-2019, 08:25 PM)col lard Wrote: It never crossed my mind. Nor should it.

Damn straight, totally agree.
The problem with this line of thinking is that it classifies anyone who doesn't have white/pinky yellow skin as "black", when it isn't necessarily how they'd consider themselves. BAME is a bit daft too, particularly when talking about foreign players who aren't a minority where they come from. However we could easily have an all-non-white starting XI in the next couple of months if Johnstone gets injured or falls out of favour. If anyone cares. It wouldn't be a first for the English leagues, would it? Maybe it would, I don't know.
(09-28-2019, 08:25 PM)col lard Wrote: It never crossed my mind. Nor should it.

Definitely crossed my mind.

I feel proud that we have 10 black players on the pitch and the supporters don’t bat an eye.
We are the pioneering club that had the 3 degrees. Local area is one of the most diverse in the country.

Love it!!!