Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labour win GE 2017
Voted Labour all my life until the last GE but couldn't bring myself to vote for Ed Milliband. I wasn't going to vote Labour this time round either mainly because I still feel let down by Corbyn over his lack of leadership during last year's referendum. However, the leaked draft manifesto has made me re-consider. I don't support all of it (protect the pension triple lock, for example) but there are plenty of things in there I like (such as nationalising railways and Royal Mail). I'll wait and see what survives the final published version.

I'd like to hear them tell me how they are going to save the failing NHS, increase the Education budget, improve infrastructure and boost social housing, all things I feel is going to shit under the Tories.
Gloucester is a bell weather seat and goes with the national trend in most elections.
No reason to believe the tories wont win possibly with increased majority, however the current MP is a complete tool and after his U turn on local issues deserves the boot.
Labour are the only other party in with a chance of beating him so will probably vote for them
(05-12-2017, 09:26 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I'd like to hear them tell me how they are going to save the failing NHS, increase the Education budget, improve infrastructure and boost social housing.

They won't save the failing NHS as they won't face up to the underlying problem, which is one of how it's funded (not how much), how it's structured (too many general hospitals) and its complete lack of accountability. If Labour ever gets hold of the NHS again I shall retrain as a Clinical Negligence solicitor.
As the old phrase goes... "least worst".
(05-13-2017, 07:46 PM)Heath Wrote: As the old phrase goes... "least worst".

And that is Corbyn? He makes Farron seem like Churchill and JFK.

Which way did you vote in the referendum?
(05-14-2017, 05:09 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

It wasnt about Corbyn, read the thread dopey draws.
(05-14-2017, 06:15 PM)Heath Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 05:09 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

It wasnt about Corbyn, read the thread dopey draws.

Corbyn leads the Party you ostensibly see as 'least worst'. Therefore, it is.

I'll let you know when youve apologised for being a hypocrite. Only because it'll help you move on mentally though.
(05-13-2017, 05:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:26 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I'd like to hear them tell me how they are going to save the failing NHS, increase the Education budget, improve infrastructure and boost social housing.

They won't save the failing NHS as they won't face up to the underlying problem, which is one of how it's funded (not how much), how it's structured (too many general hospitals) and its complete lack of accountability. If Labour ever gets hold of the NHS again I shall retrain as a Clinical Negligence solicitor.

Get rid of all the bean counting management who have fugg all medical training and bring back the good old matrons to run the  wards and depts that would be a start.
(05-17-2017, 10:10 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 05:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Get rid of all the bean counting management who have fugg all medical training and bring back the good old matrons to run the  wards and depts that would be a start.

I work with firms most of the time on how they run their business. Exceptionally talented medics have the same business acumen as exceptionally talented engineers, artists, marketers, lawyers etc. I sense you know where I'm going with that line of argument.