Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vive La France
Have the French saved Europe?
(05-08-2017, 02:56 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 02:46 PM)Donegal Wrote: A fascist or a capitalist banker who can't wait to attack workers rights
No wonder 4.2 mill spoils and and 12 mill abstentions
Vive mon cul!

But still a comfortably higher turnout than in any recent British General election.

But way below the binary EU Referendum which is a better like for like comparison.
(05-08-2017, 03:54 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Have the French saved Europe?

A french kiss of life if you will....
(05-08-2017, 12:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 11:39 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Another rejection of traditional parties and a victory for Populism....

Is Macron a populist in the sense that we all understand?

It goes without saying that to win an election you have to be popular.

And let's not forget that Macron was a finance minister in Hollande's Govt, so you could be very cheeky and argue that this is a continuation Govt - by stealth.

Populist in the sense that neither traditional party was in either the run-off, nor won the Presidency.

However I don't think it's cheeky at all to call him the continuity candidate. What an awful choice for the French, as bad as the States.

Candidate without experience of office elected in the USA: "OH MY GOD! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"

Candidate without experience of elected office elected in France: "How progressive!"

He also took to the podium for his victory speech to the 'EU anthem', Ode To Joy.

I thought the French had national pride?*

*Yes, I know he ended with La Marseillaise, but still a strange choice. It was after all a French election, wasn't it?

(05-08-2017, 03:54 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Have the French saved Europe?

The EU?

Maybe prolonged its existence but, one day, the Euro will fail. Then, what?
(05-08-2017, 04:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 02:46 PM)Donegal Wrote: A fascist or a capitalist banker who can't wait to attack workers rights
Vive mon cul!

But still a comfortably higher turnout than in any recent British General election.

But way below the binary EU Referendum which is a better like for like comparison.

French presidential election turnout was 74% and EU referendum 72%, so we can conclude maths not your strong suit.
(05-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 04:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
Vive mon cul!

French presidential election turnout was 74% and EU referendum 72%, so we can conclude maths not your strong suit.

Attention isn't. I read Macron's 66%.
There isn't a single politician in the world worth voting for apart from Pete Lowe. And I can't vote for him as Corbyn the red clown is his party's leader. And you should put a full stop after a dash
(05-08-2017, 11:06 PM)Colin West Wrote: There isn't a single politician in the world worth voting for apart from Pete Lowe. And I can't vote for him as Corbyn the red clown is his party's leader. And you should put a full stop after a dash

Pete Lowe is a thoroughly decent chap.
Talk of Front National having a rebrand. Perhaps she could change her name again as well. How about Marine A?