What's gone right at the Baggies?
Suddenly we have an attractive attacking team, young hungry, talented players.
We've recruited brilliantly. 
Furlong (who I'd vaguely heard of) looks a talent. Semi (who some of us noticed at Rotherham) ditto.
Sawyers, Austin, Zohore, Pereira, Krov...
Brilliant recruitment. So far everyone looks a gem.
For the price of Dawson we got Furlong,  Sawyers and Semi.
We're unbeaten.

But ultimately the credit has to go to the not very popular Jenkins and Dowling..?
I imagine Bilic had some input. But he can't have known the football league like the above two... and our scouts? No idea who they are. But somebody is doing something very right.
I don't understand why everyone gets so hung up about Jenkins. Yes, he is a tightarse and acts like a wanker. Ultimately though, the rot had set in and we needed a tightarse to make us more sustainable and we needed a wanker to forcefully make difficult decisions at the top end that, while unpopular, were for the good of the club as a business.
Let's not get carried away. Plenty of time for it to go tits up.

It's all Jenkins' fault, anyway.
Clarnet v2.0
We have done far better in terms of reassembly than I dare hoped. If we have had one massive slice of luck it seems to be that Bilic had selected us as much as we had him.

There also seems to be very little money about to spend at potential rivals.
(09-23-2019, 05:51 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Let's not get carried away. Plenty of time for it to go tits up.

It's all Jenkins' fault, anyway.

There’s nobody getting carried away. Just people enjoying the ride, the way we are playing and the results we’re getting.

If you can’t enjoy when you’re doing well, when can you?
After the first couple of home games fans were saying we couldn't get the goals, overlooking that we lost v Bolton on the opening day last year.
It's very promising. Only minuses is the strikers are yet to perform and there's still the inability to stop handing away occasional needless goals. If we get both of these issues even half right we will go up handily enough.
Not having a yes man as a head coach/manager
(09-23-2019, 05:53 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: We have done far better in terms of reassembly than I dare hoped. If we have had one massive slice of luck it seems to be that Bilic had selected us as much as we had him.

Good post. Early days yet - and we haven’t missed the strikers’ expected goals at this stage.  So many things have improved however, and all areas that we were crying out to improve last season 

Leeds away should be a decent gauge of where we are at.
(09-23-2019, 06:52 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 05:53 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: We have done far better in terms of reassembly than I dare hoped. If we have had one massive slice of luck it seems to be that Bilic had selected us as much as we had him.

Good post. Early days yet - and we haven’t missed the strikers’ expected goals at this stage.  So many things have improved however, and all areas that we were crying out to improve last season 

Agreed mon. I think we are miles better than last season in very many ways. Cohesion, leadership, fluency, versatility, dynamism, attititude, man management, substitutions to name a few.

The pleasing thing in respect of Leeds is that we should also be seen as a gauge for them.
(09-23-2019, 06:56 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 06:52 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Agreed mon. I think we are miles better than last season in very many ways. Cohesion, leadership, fluency, versatility, dynamism, attititude, man management, substitutions to name a few.

The pleasing thing in respect of Leeds is that we should also be seen as a gauge for them.

Let's hope it goes better than it did last season.