When was a win last as much fun as yesterday?
Woke up this morning still buzzing about yesterday. Unquestionably, coming out on top after fearing you will lose makes a win all the more satisfying, but really enjoyed yesterday as the best I felt since we stuffed Leeds last season.
There was so much to be positive about, with that second half, scoring 4, and we have to accept clean sheets when we play the attacking football we do will not be plentiful this season.
Hegazi to come back is such a boost and all we need now is the forwards to start scoring. However, we can expect a lot more goals from elsewhere this season- side looking altogether more energetic and we've great strength in depth. After all, we even have old heads like Brunt and Barry, who will play a part at some point.
Agreed. I never at any time yesterday, thought we'd lose the game. The football was a joy to watch, the interplay between Diang and Pereirra, the 2 full backs, the dominance of Ajayi. Without wishing to be negative, the groans at a misplaced pass wind me up chronic. We are going to have to be very patient this season. It's something Albion fans used to have, but sadly these days, we seem like all our neighbours when it comes to moaning. Whatever happens this season, we will be entertained. Let's just take that for now, eh?
Especially when you back us for a 4-2...
My highlight.. Hudds fans halfway through singing "Were winning away.. How shit must you be.. were winn".. Just as Daisy struck the 1st equalizer.
(09-23-2019, 08:44 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Woke up this morning still buzzing about yesterday. Unquestionably, coming out on top after fearing you will lose makes a win all the more satisfying, but really enjoyed yesterday as the best I felt since we stuffed Leeds last season.
There was so much to be positive about, with that second half, scoring 4, and we have to accept clean sheets when we play the attacking football we do will not be plentiful this season.
Hegazi to come back is such a boost and all we need now is the forwards to start scoring. However, we can expect a lot more goals from elsewhere this season- side looking altogether more energetic and we've great strength in depth. After all, we even have old heads like Brunt and Barry, who will play a part at some point.

It was great 'fun' after the 89th minute!
Yep agreed. I said to my old man the difference when we were 2-1 down was this time I still thought we were likely to win. Last season it was anyone's guess what happened next.

I really like this side and we certainly have the foundations of a promotion season in place.
(09-23-2019, 10:51 AM)yeoman lai Wrote: My highlight.. Hudds fans halfway through singing "Were winning away.. How shit must you be.. were winn".. Just as Daisy struck the 1st equalizer.

Yep mine too, hilarious.    Big Grin
The last 30 mins or so was enjoyable. The 60 mins before that, wasn't. Let's not let a good win cloud the reality of what wasn't a great display until the final third of the match.
Clarnet v2.0
(09-23-2019, 05:57 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The last 30 mins or so was enjoyable. The 60 mins before that, wasn't. Let's not let a good win cloud the reality of what wasn't a great display until the final third of the match.

Gifting them 2 saft goals aside, we looked good for 90 minutes.

Their game plan was to sit back first half with 10 behind the ball and make it tough for us. Despite that we played done great football, the diagonal balls to our wingers and fight back were a pleasure to watch.
Talking of the forwards, I thought Phillips played a lot more central yesterday than wide right. It’s as if we knew Grant wouldn’t track back so we could give them problems.