Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Nuttels and the UKIPers
(05-03-2017, 10:40 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I think the piece by Stewart Lee is excellent. It has nothing at all to do with me wanting to leave a sclerotic political bloc which has its own racist immigration and trade policies though.

How many times do you want to make that point?
(05-03-2017, 11:10 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 10:40 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I think the piece by Stewart Lee is excellent. It has nothing at all to do with me wanting to leave a sclerotic political bloc which has its own racist immigration and trade policies though.

Until it gets through.
(05-03-2017, 11:49 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 11:10 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:

Until it gets through.

Fat chance of that. I'll end up in the gulag if I speak ill of The Party.
My name is already first on the list pal.
(05-03-2017, 09:12 AM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 06:45 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:23 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:09 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Logic1; what a classic oxymoron. With the emphasis on the moron bit.

Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

You'll be setting up a strawman next. A tactic that the right wing junta deploy because they know they have lost the argument.
I wasn't making an argument I was simply making an observation! 
The subsequent post proving my point, I think. Employing insults and using shouty capitals isn't the tactic of a person making a reasoned argument but that of one who has lost his argument or doesn't have a valid one at all. I was originally motivated to make my observation by you, continuously branding me and millions of others, erroneously as xenophobic.

Oh, have I been elevated to the Junta? Members of that august body please advise.

Apologies for the capitals - that was my phone playing up.

Btw, I didn't say you specifically are xenophobic. What I said was a significant proportion of the leavers are xenophobic (i.e. the UKIPers and the Paul Nuttells of this world which Stewart Lee completely demolishes and takes the piss out of). Which is completely true. A significant proportion of the population decided to leave the EU in order to control immigration. Hence they are xenophobic and ignorant. Or they have been taken advantage of by the snake-oil salesman (i.e. The right wing junta in the Tory party). The ironic thing is that the UK's economic growth since 2008 has been mainly driven by immigration because productivity growth has been flat. But what the fuck do I know - I'm just an expert.

It's just so fucking good I keep watching it and I quote:

"4000 years ago it was the beaker folk, the bloody beaker folk. Coming over here, rowing up the Tagus estuary from the Iberian peninsular in an improvised raft. Beaker folk, coming over here with their beakers, with their drinking vessels. What's wrong with just cupping up the water with your hands and licking it up like a cat. My name is Paul Nuttels and the UKIPs and I say we need to ensure that the brightest and best beaker folk should stay in the Iberian peninsula and fill it with beakers instead of coming over here to the UK and teaching us to drink liquid out of cups."

Fucking genius!!!!

Ok, sorry I picked up on the capitals. As someone who is having to take three times longer to compose a post thanks to this iPad I accept that these things are sent to try us. (press the back button once and it carries on wiping out about three sentences)

One of the reasons I voted to leave and only one of a number, was to curb immigration not because I hate, dislike, distrust or am indifferent to foreigners but because this is a shrinking island. (metaphorically and literally).  We are short of energy, water and housing. Our infrastructure is creaking and all society's social institutions are breaking down. Apart from Belgium and the Netherlands our population density is far bigger than any other European country. We have over twice as many people per square mile than France for example. Space in this island is finite. We have to start thinking of those already here and their descendants of whatever hue, creed or persuasion. I am not a racist but own up to being a boring pragmatist.
We will have to disagree on whether the majority, or whatever you class a "significant proportion" to be, of Brexiteers are xenophobic. I believe not. Of course I accept that those who shout loudest, Nuttells for example, may well be.
You must see that continually labeling those that voted out and not knowing what we voted for and being morons is quite irksome.
(05-03-2017, 04:02 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:09 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Logic1; what a classic oxymoron. With the emphasis on the moron bit.

Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

You'll be setting up a strawman next. A tactic that the right wing junta deploy because they know they have lost the argument.
The subsequent post proving my point, I think. Employing insults and using shouty capitals isn't the tactic of a person making a reasoned argument but that of one who has lost his argument or doesn't have a valid one at all. I was originally motivated to make my observation by you, continuously branding me and millions of others, erroneously as xenophobic.

Oh, have I been elevated to the Junta? Members of that august body please advise.

Btw, I didn't say you specifically are xenophobic. What I said was a significant proportion of the leavers are xenophobic (i.e. the UKIPers and the Paul Nuttells of this world which Stewart Lee completely demolishes and takes the piss out of). Which is completely true. A significant proportion of the population decided to leave the EU in order to control immigration. Hence they are xenophobic and ignorant. Or they have been taken advantage of by the snake-oil salesman (i.e. The right wing junta in the Tory party). The ironic thing is that the UK's economic growth since 2008 has been mainly driven by immigration because productivity growth has been flat. But what the fuck do I know - I'm just an expert.

"4000 years ago it was the beaker folk, the bloody beaker folk. Coming over here, rowing up the Tagus estuary from the Iberian peninsular in an improvised raft. Beaker folk, coming over here with their beakers, with their drinking vessels. What's wrong with just cupping up the water with your hands and licking it up like a cat. My name is Paul Nuttels and the UKIPs and I say we need to ensure that the brightest and best beaker folk should stay in the Iberian peninsula and fill it with beakers instead of coming over here to the UK and teaching us to drink liquid out of cups."

Fucking genius!!!!

Ok, sorry I picked up on the capitals. As someone who is having to take three times longer to compose a post thanks to this iPad I accept that these things are sent to try us. (press the back button once and it carries on wiping out about three sentences)

One of the reasons I voted to leave and only one of a number, was to curb immigration not because I hate, dislike, distrust or am indifferent to foreigners but because this is a shrinking island. (metaphorically and literally).  We are short of energy, water and housing. Our infrastructure is creaking and all society's social institutions are breaking down. Apart from Belgium and the Netherlands our population density is far bigger than any other European country. We have over twice as many people per square mile than France for example. Space in this island is finite. We have to start thinking of those already here and their descendants of whatever hue, creed or persuasion. I am not a racist but own up to being a boring pragmatist.
We will have to disagree on whether the majority, or whatever you class a "significant proportion" to be, of Brexiteers are xenophobic. I believe not. Of course I accept that those who shout loudest, Nuttells for example, may well be.
You must see that continually labeling those that voted out and not knowing what we voted for and being morons is quite irksome.

If you think that reducing immigration will lead to better housing, better water management and improved energy provision you are living in a fantasy land. Even Prothero would agree with me on this. I'm sorry but I don't know where you have got you logic from to form that economic argument - sadly I feel you have been sold a fantasy by the snake-oil salesman. Btw, if you've ever flown over this country, it's not too hard to notice that there is plenty of space.

Nevertheless, you do make an interesting point. What is the optimum population size? This is a question most economists would struggle with. In my view, we should aim for something that enables our football team (England) to compete with Germany.
(05-03-2017, 04:17 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:23 PM)logic1 Wrote: Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

Fucking genius!!!!

If you think that reducing immigration will lead to better housing, better water management and improved energy provision you are living in a fantasy land. Even Prothero would agree with me on this. I'm sorry but I don't know where you have got you logic from to form that economic argument - sadly I feel you have been sold a fantasy by the snake-oil salesman. Btw, if you've ever flown over this country, it's not too hard to notice that there is plenty of space.

More arrogant twaddle
(05-02-2017, 08:21 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 08:11 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Says someone who is impressed by Stewart Lee. Like what Peter Hitchens (more or less) said about Stephen Fry, he is the moron's idea of what a clever person is.

Ask Greece about future prosperity. Oh, and the UK's growth will outstrip the rest of the G7 for the next 30 years. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017...e-decades/

'Took us out of any future prosperity'? How ignorant.

Peter Hitchens is the world's biggest cunt.

Oh and I didn't think you believed economic forecasts.

You know nothing about me. By the way, it's 'Nuttall' not 'Nuttels'.

(05-02-2017, 08:59 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 08:52 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: By saying he's excellent?
Not you, manclown_spit.

Got a right bright button here, haven't we?  Big Grin

(05-02-2017, 08:46 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 08:27 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 07:37 PM)logic1 Wrote: Stewart Lee taking the piss:

https://youtu.be/6KVO378tjsw

Just think, the morons who made this argument just took us out of the EU and any future prosperity.

No they didn't, you mad twat

Stewart Lee is excellent, mind
Yes they did, the principle reason why we are leaving our biggest trading partner is basically because a fair chunk of the UK population don't like foreigners:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brex...04071.html

Btw note: you can't attack Stewart Lee's argument so you have to play the man.

Peter Hitchens is still a cunt though.

I didn't even watch it, he makes my skin crawl. Like I say, he's a moron's idea of what a clever person looks like.

Like him a lot, do you?

(05-02-2017, 09:04 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 08:11 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Says someone who is impressed by Stewart Lee. Like what Peter Hitchens (more or less) said about Stephen Fry, he is the moron's idea of what a clever person is.

Ask Greece about future prosperity. Oh, and the UK's growth will outstrip the rest of the G7 for the next 30 years. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017...e-decades/

'Took us out of any future prosperity'? How ignorant.

Ffs quoting Peter Hitchins. You make Genghis Kahn look like a wet liberal MDP.

I don't agree with anything he says and I think he's a twat.  I just didn't want to steal a quote, Derek. To infer any approval of him as a result is very dim. Oh, and it's 'Khan', not 'Kahn', he's a former German goalkeeper, Derek, mate.

Fucking genius!!!!

Yet, you call me 'far right' because I am not on the Left and I voted leave. You're the lovely person who tried to capitalise on the Croydon attack, as a young man fought for life, aren't you?

And it seems you are impressed by Stewart Lee quite a lot. I think that is pretty-much just his usual dry-but-trite bullshit. Genius?

Easily impressed.

(05-03-2017, 10:20 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Why do many leavers who blow a gasket when they are lumped in with the racists/xenophobes also lump all remain voters in with those who think the EU is close to be being perfect?

Because being called a racist or xenophobe is a serious allegation, and it therefore isn't very pleasant to be lumped in with such people. Being accused of thinking the EU is perfect isn't serious. 

You needed that explaining?

Fuck me.
(05-02-2017, 11:23 PM)logic1 Wrote: Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

Fucking genius!!!!

Nevertheless, you do make an interesting point. What is the optimum population size? This is a question most economists would struggle with. In my view, we should aim for something that enables our football team (England) to compete with Germany.
I was not talking of economics. I was talking simple physics.  Everything is finite. (well almost everything. The continuing inability of some to correctly infer from  simple text astounds me) It matters not what water, gas or housing costs if there is not physically enough to go around. To paraphrase W.C. Fields '10 gallons of water available per day, 9 gallons needed equals bliss. 10 gallons of water a day available per day, 11 gallons a day needed equals misery'
if you want to talk economics , and I appreciate you get your vinegar shots pawing over a well thumbed copy of The Economist, can you explain to me the sound economic model that puts us in a position where we could be ransomed by Europe or Russia over gas supplies?

Fucking genius!!!!

I was not talking of economics. I was talking simple physics.  Everything is finite. (well almost everything. The continuing inability of some to correctly infer from  simple text astounds me) It matters not what water, gas or housing costs if there is not physically enough to go around. To paraphrase W.C. Fields '10 gallons of water available per day, 9 gallons needed equals bliss. 10 gallons of water a day available per day, 11 gallons a day needed equals misery'
if you want to talk economics , and I appreciate you get your vinegar shots pawing over a well thumbed copy of The Economist, can you explain to me the sound economic model that puts us in a position where we could be ransomed by Europe or Russia over gas supplies?
(05-03-2017, 04:17 PM)logic1 Wrote: If you think that reducing immigration will lead to better housing, better water management and improved energy provision you are living in a fantasy land. Even Prothero would agree with me on this. I'm sorry but I don't know where you have got you logic from to form that economic argument - sadly I feel you have been sold a fantasy by the snake-oil salesman. Btw, if you've ever flown over this country, it's not too hard to notice that there is plenty of space.

"Even Prothero"?

I can't recall having given the slightest indication about having any problem with immigration at all. I think we should be open to the talents of the whole world.

I'd rather be overrun with doctors and engineers than fruit & veg pickers. I'd suggest it's a reasonbly cogent economic argument that too much immigration at the low wage level isn't good in the long term for any country. Hence the need for control and selection.