Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Nuttels and the UKIPers
(05-02-2017, 11:09 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Logic1; what a classic oxymoron. With the emphasis on the moron bit.

Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

You'll be setting up a strawman next. A tactic that the right wing junta deploy because they know they have lost the argument.
(05-02-2017, 11:23 PM)logic1 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:09 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Logic1; what a classic oxymoron. With the emphasis on the moron bit.

Are you completely stupid. Again you play the man instead of defeating the argument.

You'll be setting up a strawman next. A tactic that the right wing junta deploy because they know they have lost the argument.

Moron 1 plays the man
(05-03-2017, 06:23 AM)Strawman Wrote:

Moron 1 plays the man

You don't half get some stick from that biff. He really has got a thing for you.
(05-03-2017, 06:34 AM)Fido Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 06:23 AM)Strawman Wrote:

Moron 1 plays the man

You don't half get some stick from that biff. He really has got a thing for you.
Big Grin Big Grin

I wasn't making an argument I was simply making an observation! 
The subsequent post proving my point, I think. Employing insults and using shouty capitals isn't the tactic of a person making a reasoned argument but that of one who has lost his argument or doesn't have a valid one at all. I was originally motivated to make my observation by you, continuously branding me and millions of others, erroneously as xenophobic.

Oh, have I been elevated to the Junta? Members of that august body please advise.
(05-03-2017, 06:45 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:

The subsequent post proving my point, I think. Employing insults and using shouty capitals isn't the tactic of a person making a reasoned argument but that of one who has lost his argument or doesn't have a valid one at all. I was originally motivated to make my observation by you, continuously branding me and millions of others, erroneously as xenophobic.

Oh, have I been elevated to the Junta? Members of that august body please advise.
Welcome to the club Wink
Have we signed this right wing Junta yet?
(05-03-2017, 06:45 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:

Apologies for the capitals - that was my phone playing up.

Btw, I didn't say you specifically are xenophobic. What I said was a significant proportion of the leavers are xenophobic (i.e. the UKIPers and the Paul Nuttells of this world which Stewart Lee completely demolishes and takes the piss out of). Which is completely true. A significant proportion of the population decided to leave the EU in order to control immigration. Hence they are xenophobic and ignorant. Or they have been taken advantage of by the snake-oil salesman (i.e. The right wing junta in the Tory party). The ironic thing is that the UK's economic growth since 2008 has been mainly driven by immigration because productivity growth has been flat. But what the fuck do I know - I'm just an expert.

It's just so fucking good I keep watching it and I quote:

"4000 years ago it was the beaker folk, the bloody beaker folk. Coming over here, rowing up the Tagus estuary from the Iberian peninsular in an improvised raft. Beaker folk, coming over here with their beakers, with their drinking vessels. What's wrong with just cupping up the water with your hands and licking it up like a cat. My name is Paul Nuttels and the UKIPs and I say we need to ensure that the brightest and best beaker folk should stay in the Iberian peninsula and fill it with beakers instead of coming over here to the UK and teaching us to drink liquid out of cups."

Fucking genius!!!!
Why do many leavers who blow a gasket when they are lumped in with the racists/xenophobes also lump all remain voters in with those who think the EU is close to be being perfect?
I think the piece by Stewart Lee is excellent. It has nothing at all to do with me wanting to leave a sclerotic political bloc which has its own racist immigration and trade policies though.